Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Moode 5.0
(04-16-2019, 10:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thanks for explaining. If you know some SSH I'll post the revert for testing :-)

Could you please send me the instructions as well? Thanks!
(04-17-2019, 01:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 06:20 AM)pizzaparty Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 10:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you know some Linux SSH I can post the procedure.

Yes, please, that would be great!

Here is the procedure. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Code:
# Install patched playerlib.php

cd ~
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/playerlib.zip
unzip -q ./playerlib.zip
sudo mv ./playerlib.php /var/www/inc
sudo chown root:root /var/www/inc/playerlib.php
sudo rm ./playerlib*
sudo reboot

# Regenerate the Library tag cache

Menu, Configure, Library
DELETE Library tag cache

Then navigate back to either the Tag or Album view and verify the sort order is correct.

-Tim

Perfect - thank you!

Andrew
They are in this post.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...05#pid9705

Let me know if it resolves the issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-17-2019, 08:07 PM)JST1963 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 07:42 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 06:44 PM)JST1963 Wrote: Tim, I did some more tests and found that when I follow the exact same procedure as before, but now I turn off "Consume" mode when switching on the random function, the playbar displays the correct album, and so is the cover art on the playback page.
I know you already changed some code, but maybe you can look at it again, with the "consume" option in mind :-)

Johan

Could be a clue but I don't quite follow what you are doing. Can you list the exact steps?

OK, here's what I do:

- Auto-Shuffle is turned on.
- The Random function is active, which (usually) means there are 2 songs in the playlist.
- When turning on the Random function, by default Consume mode is also turned on.
- The first song in the list is playing (let's call it Track1).
- Now I go to Cover Art mode: all album covers are visible.
- I select an album by clicking on it (not on the three dots).
=> The 1st song of that album starts playing instantly (Track2)
But:
- The playbar still shows info from Track1 (cover art + timer).
- The playback page also still shows the cover art from Track1
=> NOT OK

Now I do almost the same:

- Auto-Shuffle is turned on.
- The Random function is active, which (usually) means there are 2 songs in the playlist.
- When turning on the Random function, by default Consume mode is also turned on, but this time I turn off Consume mode
- The first song in the list is playing (let's call it Track1).
- Now I go to Cover Art mode: all album covers are visible.
- I select an album by clicking on it (not on the three dots).
=> The 1st song of that album starts playing instantly (Track2)
- The playbar now shows the correct info, that of Track2
- The playbackpage also shows the correct info
=> ALL OK

Hope this helps...
JST

If you get a moment, try this patched code. It uses a slightly different sequence of steps to automatically turn off audio-shuffle and consume mode  prior to instant play.

Code:
# Install patched moode.php

cd ~
wget http://moodeaudio.org/test/moode.zip
unzip -q ./moode.zip
sudo mv ./moode.php /var/www/command
sudo chown root:root /var/www/command/moode.php
sudo rm ./moode*
sudo reboot

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Great, that's it... All OK now Smile

Thx!
 :@
(04-17-2019, 07:41 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 06:18 PM)philrandal Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 06:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 05:04 PM)philrandal Wrote: A couple of UI issues.

After clicking on the playing radio station logo in the player panel at the bottom of the screen, up pops the familiar playback screen.

At the very top left of the screen, there's a very small very dim grey search button, to all intents invisible, as is the bar (top middle, can't see it to tell what it is).

This needs a fix to make them visible.

Android 9 phone, tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Second one, there's a save playlist option in the menu on that screen. A load playlist option would be extremely useful as well.

I still can't get my head around the new UI. Needs a 'home' button on every screen to take you back to the 'now playing' plus playlist screen.

Phil

(04-16-2019, 05:22 PM)philrandal Wrote: And another thing. Vanishing playlist. In the current track / playlist screen, you can see the playlist. Navigate away and back and lo, no playlist.

Haven't tried from my laptop.

This all seems worse than RC0. I didn't try RC1

I'm not seeing the UI anomalies that you mention. Try posting some screen shots so we can see what u are seeing on your device. Below are a couple screen shots from my iPhone. There are others in the Features section at moodeaudio.org.

I don't quite understand the Home button. Toggling between Playback full screen and Library with Playbar just takes one tap on the cover.

The "search" and bar on the top need to be the same brightness as the "m" on the right.  They are too dim to see properly on mobile devices, especially Android 9 phones like mine with over-agressive screen-dimming.

My request for a "take me to home from anywhere" button was prompted by a UI bug which shows up in Android Firefox (but not on desktop Firefox) where the arrow on the top left of a config page does nothing.

A screen shot of a vanished playlist would show nothing, however, this shows the problem:

1: Starting from playback screen, swipe down shows the current playlist (or it's just there on desktop browser).

2: Click the almost-invisible bar at the top (sorry to bang on about this, but it is soooo hard to see)

3: Switch to radio station view.

4: Click on a radio icon.

5: Playlist vanishes, showing only that station. Works perfectly on desktop, but not in Chrome or Firefox on Android 9.

How do you get it back? What should be the default here? Add to current playlist and play, I think, and not create new playlist.

Another bug / annoyance: Attempting to switch between radio channels on my playlist in desktop browser (Firefox) and the "MPD error - decoder failed to seek" message sometimes shows up.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Not much I can do in the code about device screen dimming. It's not something that can be queried and then acted on programmatically to change the UI. All the moOde UI's going way back were designed around typical screen brightness and they all used a variety of reduced opacity elements that won't have good visibility at low brightness levels. @swizzle  began a long-term project a few months ago to develop options for improving visual accessibility. Things like font size/weight and text color. I suppose opacity should be added.

The Instant Play feature performs a Clear/Play to avoid accumulating a ton of tracks in the Playlist. If you click the ellipsis  icon for a station or album the context menu is displayed that offers Add, Play, Clear/Add, Clear/Play options. I recall a suggestion to have an option to configure Instant Play for either Clear/Play or just Play but that didn't get much traction from other users.

As far as the bugs u reported, since I don't have any Android devices so maybe the @TheOldPresbyope can try and repro the "vanishing playlist" and "config back arrow not working" issues on one of his Android devices.

Btw, what radio station is generating the MPD error?

-Tim

The top left 'search' and top middle bar are still too dim. Even on my laptop. We don't all have super high contrast retina zapping OLED displays. Just make them the same as the m menu on the right.

Radio station changing - the message came flipping between BBC 320kbps streams.

If Moode gets that error from mpd, it should retry if possible.

I'll try to reproduce the vanishing playlist bug I reported yesterday.

I think the play and wipe playlist default is wrong. Too disastrous when a fat finger aims for the context menu and misses.

Better to add to playlist, play, then remove if that's possible. If not, save current playlist, play, and restore.

Phil

(04-17-2019, 08:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: They are in this post.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...05#pid9705

Let me know if it resolves the issue.

Perfect! Thanks!
Re @philrandal's vanishing playlists --- It sounds like that's already been explained in terms of Instant Play. In any case, I get the behavior I expect with Instant Play wiping the current playlist versus the ellipsis icon allowing me to choose how to deal with it whether I'm on my Linux desktop, on my iPad, or on my Android devices.

Re his "config back arrow not working", this functionality is working on all my systems, in particular on my Nexus 6P phone (Android 8.1) using an up-to-date version of either Chrome or Firefox. I do have to be precise in aiming my finger at the arrow in order to hit the active area of the button.

I agree the search and menu bar items are dim on all my devices---desktop and otherwise. I guess it doesn't bother me as much because I trust they are there.

Phil doesn't mention if he is using default Appearance settings. I'm wondering how much they might be affecting his usability.

Mind you, I have curious visual issues of my own (my handle tells only half the story) so I'm not the one to judge what is right in a UI.

Regards,
Kent
I'm assuming default theme. Once you get into customizing the appearance especially with effects like alpha blend and cover backdrop then the visibility of certain elements may be affected depending on the dominant color in the cover. Thats the trade off that comes with the Adaptive UI. In most cases though the effects are super nice :-)

I have a code drop from @swizzle to test that should improve the look of the search and bar header elements :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-17-2019, 07:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 05:41 PM)arick Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 04:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, with that many tracks even an update will take a very long time. I'll see what i can do but in the meantime you can update an individual directory via SSH

Code:
mpc update USB/drive_label_name/path_to_directory

-Tim

Thank you,  I’ll wait and hope

I added "Update this folder" back to the context menu when in Folder view. You should be all set when the upcoming in-place update for moOde 5 is released :-)

and that's wonderful ) Many thanks again Tim