Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No audio from headphone jack (Pi4)
@batman75 

So you said "I've just tried connecting my Pi4 to my amp using a standard 3.5mm-2 phono cable, but I'm getting no sound out of the amp."

That 3.5mm jack on the Pi looks like an ordinary headphone jack but it's actually a 4-pole audio and video jack. Not all 3.5mm-to-RCA patch cords are wired the same (the wonderful thing about standards is there's so many of them).

It's likely your patch cable is correct but an easy way to check is to plug in headphones directly instead (for test purposes, I use the wired earbuds that came with some phone or another in the past). 

If you hear audio through the headphones and you can control the volume from the moOde WebUI then moOde is configured correctly. Your problem is either in the patch cable or in a mismatch between the output level of the Pi and the input sensitivity of your amp.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
No audio from headphone jack (Pi4) - by batman75 - 04-30-2024, 09:52 AM
RE: No audio from headphone jack (Pi4) - by TheOldPresbyope - 05-02-2024, 03:07 PM