Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Some settings not saved correctly
(05-13-2024, 04:43 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: As a last resort, I swapped the PI3B+ with a P4. Problem hasn't occured anymore since more than a week.

No idea why the behavior on a 3 is different than on a 4, but it seems this fixed the issue.

May not be related but....

I've just spent several weeks tracking down an issue on a Pi3A+ where it would randomly loose its wifi connection and have to acquire new one, playing havoc with streams and mDNS and so on.  I even returned one unit to the shop thinking it must be faulty.
Turns out there was a "smart" feature on my router that attempted to push connected devices on to the best frequency which all my other RPi devices where OK with (a zero and two 4B+), but the 3 didn't like at all.  I've told the router to stop being so clever, and now the 3 works flawlessly.

Frankly, since the only devices I have that would benefit from the "smart" router are the family phones, and they are quite capable of switching to a better frequency by themselves, I'm not loosing anything here Smile

Anyway, the point I'm making is that I have experience of the Pi3 being sensitive to oddness on the network, perhaps that's what's going on for you as well?
----------------
Robert

Messages In This Thread
Some settings not saved correctly - by kurt1970 - 04-09-2024, 02:42 PM
RE: Some settings not saved correctly - by DRONE7 - 04-10-2024, 11:49 PM
RE: Some settings not saved correctly - by Nutul - 04-15-2024, 03:00 PM
RE: Some settings not saved correctly - by Nutul - 04-17-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: Some settings not saved correctly - by Nutul - 04-18-2024, 07:50 PM
RE: Some settings not saved correctly - by the_bertrum - 05-14-2024, 07:13 AM