Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

support for multiple audio devices
This may be too specialized a situation to deserve a mod to moOde but...

As related in other posts, I use a Creative BT-W2 USB adapter to connect to my Sennheiser wireless earphones. The BT-W2 presents to moOdeOS as an audio device.

What I'd like is the ability to switch easily from one audio device driving my amp and speakers to the BT-W2 driving the headphones.

Case 1: switching between the RPi onboard audio device and the BT-W2. Can be done in MPD Config panel but it's not a useful case to me.

Case 2: switching between one USB audio device and another. Not possible now but I can at least see in outline how one could modify moOde to detect, report, and switch among USB "cards".

Case 3: switching between a configured i2s audio device and a USB audio device. I have no clue how hard this would be given the current moOde plumbing.

Right now I'm taking the 'brute force and ignorance' approach: if I'm not testing beta releases for Tim, I'm running the headphones from their own RPi.

Regards,
Kent
It's an interesting usage scenario but quite a bit of work to add the capability to sw between multiple USB audio devices or betw i2s and usb. I'll check the code base to see if the plumbing is structured in a way that can be extended to multiple devices or whether all new plumbing would be needed...
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
"Case 3: switching between a configured i2s audio device and a USB audio device. I have no clue how hard this would be given the current moOde plumbing."

+1 for this ! I have a Pi in a box with i2s dac and small active speaker for use on the deck or in the garden. When I bring it inside it would be great to plug it into the main systems usb dac
(and map the command to my Lirc configuration so a simple button press would toggle the output device)
----------
bob
I'd like to propose:

Case 4: External DLNA Renderer (DMR)

Now days there are increasing number of receivers/integrated amps. able to act as DMR while connected to LAN (eg. Hegel H590). I'm wondering if such feature is possible to implement into moOde and does it bring a significant sonic improvement over HiFiberry digi+ pro via BNC link.
moOde can act as a UPnP renderer or A/V media server (DLNA server) but not as a UPnP control point. This role is not supported by the UPnP stack that moOde uses. https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

You would need a control point app like Linn Kazoo etc to be able to use your Receiver/Amp as a renderer.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-26-2019, 10:34 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: moOde can act as a UPnP renderer or A/V media server (DLNA server) but not as a UPnP control point. This role is not supported by the UPnP stack that moOde uses. https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

You would need a control point app like Linn Kazoo etc to be able to use your Receiver/Amp as a renderer.

Thank you Tim. Understood. My current setup sounds awesome, thus I will stick on it. However I'm still evaluating/struggling with USB connection, but this is a different story.

Thank you and everyone for efforts developing moOde. Amazing job!
(01-29-2019, 01:11 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: This may be too specialized a situation to deserve a mod to moOde but...

As related in other posts, I use a Creative BT-W2 USB adapter to connect to my Sennheiser wireless earphones. The BT-W2 presents to moOdeOS as an audio device.

What I'd like is the ability to switch easily from one audio device driving my amp and speakers to the BT-W2 driving the headphones.

Case 1: switching between the RPi onboard audio device and the BT-W2. Can be done in MPD Config panel but it's not a useful case to me.

Case 2: switching between one USB audio device and another. Not possible now but I can at least see in outline how one could modify moOde to detect, report, and switch among USB "cards".

Case 3: switching between a configured i2s audio device and a USB audio device. I have no clue how hard this would be given the current moOde plumbing.

Right now I'm taking the 'brute force and ignorance' approach: if I'm not testing beta releases for Tim, I'm running the headphones from their own RPi.

Regards,
Kent
Hello!
I think this is what you are talking about.
link
@fedormil

Thanks for the link. Unlike many Linux desktops and laptops, love it or hate it, PulseAudio is not used in moOde so this repo isn't directly useful. It's the some idea though.

Regards,
Kent
(05-22-2019, 12:33 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @fedormil

Thanks for the link. Unlike many Linux desktops and laptops, love it or hate it, PulseAudio is not used in moOde so this repo isn't directly useful. It's the some idea though.

Regards,
Kent

I became interested in this idea of connecting several DACs. And what if you use the standard amixer command to change through the terminal:

Code:
amixer -c 0 set Master mute
amixer -c 1 set Master 50%
Or

Code:
asoundconf set-default-card "name the_card"
May move in that direction. I am now on vacation and I do not check my assumptions. Good luck in your search.