Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ultra high performance DAC - TauDAC!
Have you guys seen this new DAC - it looks amazing from what I can see. Any plans to implement this into MoOde?

the new TauDAC

Reading the notes, it mentions an interesting thing about the current version of MPD supplied in Raspbian Jessie is 0.19.1-1.1. Please excuse my ignorance if I've got this wrong and MoOde 6 is a later version, but the version in Jessie dates back to 2014. An eternity in software terms. If MoOde is using the same 2014 version, any plans to lift to the current version?
(11-02-2019, 12:00 PM)zenscape Wrote: Have you guys seen this new DAC - it looks amazing from what I can see. Any plans to implement this into MoOde?

the new TauDAC

Reading the notes, it mentions an interesting thing about the current version of MPD supplied in Raspbian Jessie is 0.19.1-1.1. Please excuse my ignorance if I've got this wrong and MoOde 6 is a later version, but the version in Jessie dates back to 2014. An eternity in software terms. If MoOde is using the same 2014 version, any plans to lift to the current version?

Jessie? 2014? We're up to Raspbian Buster and MPD versions 0.20.23 (default) and 0.21.15 (for testing). But you'd know that if you were actually using moOde 6.3.0.
Follow-up thought.

The TauDAC page is filled with marketing technobabble and nice pictures but then ends with an absolute interest killer (at least for me):

Quote:HOW TO GET A TAUDAC?
Stay tuned… and leave a message.

This is a hobby project.
Please note that occasionally it might take a couple of days until I get the chance to reply.

Just one step up from vaporware IMHO.

If it were actually in production and if the kernel module driver were pushed to upstream Raspbian and if moOde users were actually buying it, then of course Tim could add it to the list of selectable I2S audio devices in moOde's Audio Config page.

Regards,
Kent
I money were no object I'd rather go for Ian's stuff!
https://twitter.com/iancanadatt
(11-02-2019, 01:29 PM)Malefoda Wrote: I money were no object I'd rather go for Ian's stuff!
https://twitter.com/iancanadatt

+1

I've been following him for several years on diyaudio. But then I'm supposed to be downsizing so I must keep repeating my new mantra "I don't need more stuff; I don't need more stuff!"

If money were truly no object, I'd just hire own my hall and sponsor live performances!

Regards,
Kent
(11-02-2019, 01:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: "I don't need more stuff; I don't need more stuff!"

Can I join?!