Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
(09-10-2019, 10:03 AM)lianli34312 Wrote: Hi Remy1961,

I am currently using 0.96" OLED for Moode. But it shows "???" when dealing with japanese/chinese songs. It there any solutions to add extra language library library pack?

Yes, it is working.
It is necessary to add UTF8 font and use function ttext instead od function text.

Code:
TRUETYPE_FONTS = {
    'DejaVuSans28': { 'file':'DejaVuSans.ttf', 'size':28 },
    'tsmall': { 'file':'DejaVuSans.ttf', 'size':8 },
    'tlarge': { 'file':'DejaVuSans.ttf', 'size':12 },
}

WIDGETS = {
    'artist': { 'type':'ttext', 'format':'{0}', 'variables':['artist'], 'font':'tlarge','varwidth':True,'effect':('scroll','left',1,1,20,'onloop',3,125)},
    'title': { 'type':'ttext', 'format':'{0}', 'variables':['title'], 'font':'tsmall','varwidth':True,'effect':('scroll','left',1,1,20,'onloop',3,125)},
Thank you @remy1961
your tutorial is really clean and easy.

I'm struggling, however, with the config file because i'm triyng to customize the infos displayed.
I've got a rpi 3b+ with moode and a 20x4 lcd display. 

I did'n understand a single world, I'm not skilled in programming. I've read about the three categories: Widgets, Canvases and Sequences, but I actually don't know what I have to modify and where.
Do I have to operate on the pages.py file? 

How? 
Just replacing the widgets on the sequence? 

f.y.e.: 
from

'name': 'seqPlay',
                'canvases': [
                        { 'name':'playartist', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playartist_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playalbum', 'duration':30, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playalbum_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio' and db['album']" },
                        { 'name':'playtitle', 'duration':30, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playtitle_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                ],
                'conditional': "db['state']=='play'"
 to 

something looking like this:

Artist name
Song name 
bitrate / freq - file type
progression bar 

Could you please teach me how to do this? 

Thank you really much.
(12-15-2019, 07:36 PM)manolomalele Wrote: Thank you @remy1961

I'm struggling, however, with the config file because i'm triyng to customize the infos displayed.

I did'n understand a single world, I'm not skilled in programming. I've read about the three categories: Widgets, Canvases and Sequences, but I actually don't know what I have to modify and where.

How? 

f.y.e.: 
from

{ 'name':'playartist', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playartist_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playalbum', 'duration':30, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playalbum_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio' and db['album']" },
                        { 'name':'playtitle', 'duration':30, 'conditional':"not db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                        { 'name':'playtitle_radio', 'duration':15, 'conditional':"db['stream']=='webradio'" },
                ],
 to 

Artist name
Song name 
progression bar 

Thank you really much.

I made it working.
I have only to find out how is called the widget for bitrate/freq and filetype.
I've read somewhere there is something called "tracktype", but it isn't on the widget list. 
How can I enable it? is there a code-line?
Thank you all
Hi, since I've got no answers, i'm posting again.

The look I would like to achieve is the same you'll see on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVoHwCJgBYw&t=40s

I've tried in every possible way, and the result has been always the same... unstable system, random freezing and no info on the display.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

thanks
Hello!
I have a problem installing pydPiper.
I did as it is written in the first post, the test passed normally, after the installation is complete, only the clock is displayed, when playing music, the page does not switch (only the clock).

p.s.
Setup:
Raspberry pi 3b+, Hifiberry Digi+, lcd HD44780 16x2

When using volumio and installation instructions pydPiper from GitHub - everything worked, but I like the sound Moode Audio more.

Can anyone help?
hi everyone i followed remy's guide and my oled lcd 0.96 turned on and shows the time in real time, if i start the music from the moode audio interface it tells me that the widget is missing, so it doesn't show any information , concerning the file, if I manage streaming via airplay instead it only shows the time, how can I enable this function both on streamnig airplay and for the interface
I tried to install pydPiper on my Raspberry PizeroW with Moode 6.4.2 but I can't get it to work.
gives me this error:  Angry

[Image: errore-python.jpg]

Is there any way to make it work, since my programming experience and Python equals zero?  Angel

translated with Google
(04-13-2020, 10:25 PM)nmbb77 Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 07:37 PM)manolomalele Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 07:36 PM)manolomalele Wrote: Thank you @remy1961

How? 

f.y.e.: 
from

],
 to 

Artist name
Song name 
progression bar 

Thank you really much.

I made it working.
I have only to find out how is called the widget for bitrate/freq and filetype.
I've read somewhere there is something called "tracktype", but it isn't on the widget list. 
How can I enable it? is there a code-line?
Thank you all

hi there. Looking for something similar, can you share your code? Thank you
I simply switched from a 20x4 lcd display to a 128x64 oled and the pagefile related to this are smoothly working without any mods. 

If you talk about the 20x4, I cannot help you, mate... Still got no answers...
Hi. I finally got my 16x2 lcd screen working via I2c following the steps provided here. Im using moode 6.4.1. It works well, but all the system is a little bit slower, since I'm using a Raspberry Pi1 model B, and python is killing half of the cpu. I'm waiting for a 128x64 oled display. I'll tlike to install some kind of VUmeter. 

Now I'm trying to set up the AccuWeather without success.. Don't know what to do exactly with rhe API key for the moment. I'll find it, but you can let me a clue. 

Thanks.
thank you @remy1961 !!!!!!!

My name is Jose Rey, I'm from Argentina.

I read you tutorial and it was posible to me; to configure mi Raspberry Pi 3+  & Piano 2.1 & OLED 0.93" (128*64) i2c interface.
[Image: KPkYNo6.jpg?1]

[Image: o9Dlw8f.jpg?1]

EDIT:  I got a LCD 20x4 with I2C  (HD44780 BACKLIGHT Blue + I2C PCF8754 ); now I've this LCD in my player.

[Image: mUxVUFo.jpg]

[Image: q8tguqA.jpg]

Again, thanks @remy1961 !!!!!