Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Ideas for downloading podcasts
Hi All !
I used to have a nice system for managing/downloading and playing podcasts
iTunes downloaded to my NAS and synced with my iPod (for the car) my Moode could access the NAS for home audio and my Android phone could get to the NAS over the internet where ever I was...
Catalina has completely buggered this up by hiding its files on the startup disc and renaming them with gobbledygook

So Im looking for ideas to try to recreate what I had

I would like ....
Just one location for the files (with understandable file names)
for them to automatically download and delete after listening or expire time
for them to be easily playable on moode (obvs , without using bluetooth)
to be playable in car without risking data charges

how do you guys do it ?

Tx Lx
Why not Bluetooth? It's not as if podcasts are great quality, seeming as you're using some Apple hardware you also have the option of Airplay.
My SO loves podcasts and uses Airplay and/or Bluetooth from her iphone to Moode if using the hi-fi, I'll usually opt to Bluetooth lossy stuff like podcasts/youtube etc. direct to the DAC from my phone (LDAC) or the tablet (aptX).

I used to use Beyondpod to subscribe to podcasts on Android and she used iTunes but in recent years we've both settled on using Spotify for which there is also a renderer built-in to Moode.
(04-28-2020, 10:59 AM)vinnn Wrote: Why not Bluetooth? It's not as if podcasts are great quality, seeming as you're using some Apple hardware you also have the option of Airplay.
My SO loves podcasts and uses Airplay and/or Bluetooth from her iphone to Moode if using the hi-fi, I'll usually opt to Bluetooth lossy stuff like podcasts/youtube etc. direct to the DAC from my phone (LDAC) or the tablet (aptX).

I used to use Beyondpod to subscribe to podcasts on Android and she used iTunes but in recent years we've both settled on using Spotify for which there is also a renderer built-in to Moode.

Hi Vinnn  - yep Spotify would be good but they have disabled "connect" for podcasts which is infuriating to say the least,
Bluetooth is ok but in my house my phone is often not near my moode box and i find all the pairing connecting and disconnecting a faff
I would much prefer to play them from my NAS where i had a download I could put on my car iPod or play in the house via Moode