Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
I'm not particularly into hi-res, but to my ears Airplay, even though lossless at 16/44.1, doesn't sound all that great. But the worst thing is that I get dropouts with it, which in my experience is seldom a problem with UPnP.
Network issues should be resolved first because that will affect everything.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-16-2020, 08:35 AM)dcottone Wrote: Hi guys, 

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Hi Daniele,
Thank you for tip, but when you obtained the new token (with described on GitHub method), how you put (update?) it in the moOde? Is there some file accessible by SSH, where I can write it?
Best regards,
Krzysiek
(05-17-2020, 09:32 PM)kris_jag Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 08:35 AM)dcottone Wrote: Hi guys, 

I don't know if this post can help, but with the method described here I was able to obtain a new token and have the upmpdcli Tidal plugin working again.

Regards

Daniele

Hi Daniele,
Thank you for tip, but when you obtained the new token (with described on GitHub method), how you put (update?) it in the moOde? Is there some file accessible by SSH, where I can write it?
Best regards,
Krzysiek

Hi Krzysiek,
the file to modify is /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py at row 63:

self.api_token = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Regards,
Daniele
(05-17-2020, 09:48 PM)dcottone Wrote: Hi Krzysiek,
the file to modify is /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/tidal/tidalapi/__init__.py at row 63:

self.api_token = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Regards,
Daniele

Many thanks Daniele for your support!
Unfortunately in my case it did not helped (maybe because I am on old MoOde 4.4) - I edited (at row 63 I replaced token with one obtained with the use of Fiddler) and uploaded file __init__.py (I tried twice: once with copy of original file from MoOde 4.4 and second try with file copied from GitHub).
I am able (both in BubbleUPnP app on Android and Linn Kazoo on Win10) to browse Genres, Moods etc (but not Favourities in My Music) but they are not played on MoOde, just skipped when played. The same behavior is on original, not modified file __init__.py

In next days I will try to install present version of MoOde.
Best regards,
Krzysiek
I see that Jean-Francois Dockes, the developer/maintainer of upmpdcli, has now issued upmpdcli v1.4.10, specifically featurung a new Tidal API token. I don't subscribe to Tidal so I'm unsure if this will address this issue, but have previously provided instructions on how to update upmpdcli: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...5#pid19720
@kris_jag

Have you tried following vinnn's instructions for Bubble in post #15?
@Zigzag

That's interesting. The relevant git commit occurred just yesterday afternoon with the comment of "Updated tidal token and location", only days after a rather different picture being was painted by JFD.  I wonder if this is with the cooperation of Tidal or if it is another reverse-engineering tweak.

No matter, we already know v1.4.9 builds in moOde so this should be a no-brainer. I'm looking at it now.

Regards
Kent
I simply copied the __init__.py script in the right folder, reboot... and it works perfectly! Now I'm able to use the upmpdcli library in Moode to autenticate TIDAL. Mae a test with Linn app and now I'm able to see all the TIDAL contents below the MoodeUPNP folder.
SOLVED !!!
(05-18-2020, 12:18 PM)mancio61 Wrote: I simply copied the __init__.py script in the right folder, reboot... and it works perfectly! Now I'm able to use the upmpdcli library in Moode to autenticate TIDAL. Mae a test with Linn app and now I'm able to see all the TIDAL contents below the MoodeUPNP folder.
SOLVED !!!

You beat me to it by minutes. Can confirm that the two-line modification to __init__.py is sufficient to make the current upmpdcli v1.2.16 work with Tidal.

Regards,
Kent

[clarification: by 'current' I meant the version of upmpdcli in current moOde 6.5.2]