Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Not urgent, but nice to have: weekschedule for clock radio
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(04-10-2018, 02:50 PM)JST1963 Wrote: This would be a nice to have, so that I don't have to set the clock radio every day. Waking up at 6AM on Saturday/Sunday is not my fav.
Same at the office: now I have to disable the clock radio on Friday evening and enable it again on Monday morning, otherwise the radio jumps on at 7:00AM every day, even in the weekend. (BTW: the song I use at the office is a cuckoo-clock going 7 times...)
If we could set it up for the whole week, then I would be happy at home AND and the office Cool
But once again, it's not a necessity...

Johan

I would also appreciate such an improvement to the clock radio feature. I use the clock radio daily but find it lacking.
Hi,

Its been requested before so I guess it would be pretty useful :-) I'll add to the 4.2 TODO list.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-10-2018, 04:09 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Its been requested before so I guess it would be pretty useful :-) I'll add to the 4.2 TODO list.

-Tim

Tim, et al.

I struggled with this idea when first exploring a clock-radio function before moOde had one. I found myself getting quite baroque about it (even looked at what some Northeastern University students did to tie their system to their Google Calendar!) The logic gets amusing if you want, say, to turn the radio on at 6pm and turn it off at 1am the next morning, then turn it on again at 6pm that evening, then....

What do users think the UI should look like?

Regards,
Kent
Hi moOde fans,
Right, you have 2 Pi's, one at home and one in the office, and yes I would just add a YES/NO slider control for each day of the week and then some logic to the Clock Radio engine to check for day. Something like that.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi moOde fans,
LOL
Enjoy the Music!
There was a plug-in style clock radio for runeaudio.
It allowed multiple alarms and a check box for repeats.
So one alarm might be at 0700 checked to repeat Mon-Fri.
Another might be 0830 checked Sat, Sun.
It worked well but was not beautiful!
See attached planned Clock Radio enhancement for moOde 4.4 (end of year).

Enjoy the Music!