Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MQA pass-through optionality
Hi! MQA decoders do not allow any manipulation (upsampling, EQ etc.) of the source files. However Moode has great upsampling and Eq features one can leverage. Would it be possible to enable SOX upsampling and Eq features only for non-MQA files while letting MQA files pass-through untouched? This would be such a nice time-saver as I wouldn't need to manually set SOX on or off depending on the encoded files. As I do not want to loose MQA benefits, I tend not to use the Sox/Eq features in Moode.

Regards.

Viktor
(01-07-2021, 09:21 PM)vyenibahar Wrote: Hi! MQA decoders do not allow any manipulation (upsampling, EQ etc.) of the source files. However Moode has great upsampling and Eq features one can leverage. Would it be possible to enable SOX upsampling and Eq features only for non-MQA files while letting MQA files pass-through untouched? This would be such a nice time-saver as I wouldn't need to manually set SOX on or off depending on the encoded files. As I do not want to loose MQA benefits, I tend not to use the Sox/Eq features in Moode.

Regards.

Viktor

MoOde doesn't support MQA and Tim the project lead has made it clear it never will.
(01-08-2021, 07:07 PM)grasshopper Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:21 PM)vyenibahar Wrote: Hi! MQA decoders do not allow any manipulation (upsampling, EQ etc.) of the source files. However Moode has great upsampling and Eq features one can leverage. Would it be possible to enable SOX upsampling and Eq features only for non-MQA files while letting MQA files pass-through untouched? This would be such a nice time-saver as I wouldn't need to manually set SOX on or off depending on the encoded files. As I do not want to loose MQA benefits, I tend not to use the Sox/Eq features in Moode.

Regards.

Viktor

MoOde doesn't support MQA and Tim the project lead has made it clear it never will.
Pardon my interruption here, but I don't think that Viktor was ASKING for 'MQA Support'. Tim has made it very clear what he thinks of MQA. Personally, I do not agree, and frankly enjoy MQA on Tidal...a lot. That's my problem, I get it. But I think what is being requested here, is merely an option to pass through MQA, so his external MQA capable DAC can still work with it, while allowing SOX to work on non-MQA files. That seems like a reasonable request to me. Tim, can accept it or reject it, obviously.
(02-09-2021, 03:39 AM)TheGM Wrote:

Regards.

Viktor

Pardon my interruption here, but I don't think that Viktor was ASKING for 'MQA Support'. Tim has made it very clear what he thinks of MQA. Personally, I do not agree, and frankly enjoy MQA on Tidal...a lot. That's my problem, I get it. But I think what is being requested here, is merely an option to pass through MQA, so his external MQA capable DAC can still work with it, while allowing SOX to work on non-MQA files. That seems like a reasonable request to me. Tim, can accept it or reject it, obviously.

I personally hope that any and all support requests for anything at all MQA related are summarily rejected.

MQA is a bullshit crypto-DRM scheme with absolutely no redeeming value, sonically it's upsampling with leaky MP filters, whoopty-damn do. Proprietary fee-based licensing schemes involving DRM have exactly no place in the open source community.
This is absolutely correct. It's nothing more than a DRM scheme and as such there will never be an Open Source implementation.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-09-2021, 03:39 AM)TheGM Wrote:

Regards.

Viktor

Viktor is asking for MoOde to play MQA files isn't he?  There is no support for MQA in MoOde & no open source implementation of MQA support that I know of to allow an open source project like this play MQA files.  I am happy for you to prove me wrong.
Hopefully one day we will see an open source protocol to allow us to stream Amazon HD, or even a Spotify Hi-Res, to allow us to fill the gaps in our library.