Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Gmusicapi
I have successfully installed the gmusicapi with no failures or warnings. I set up my username and password. But nothing seems to happen. I can still get radio stations, but my music is still blank. I just want to hear google music. Can anyone help?
(09-04-2018, 02:14 PM)chazriggi Wrote: I have successfully installed the gmusicapi with no failures or warnings. I set up my username and password. But nothing seems to happen. I can still get radio stations, but my music is still blank. I just want to hear google music. Can anyone help?

Hi, @chazriggi

moOde does not have a native UI for browsing Tidal, Qobuz, and Google Play Music services. 

The software component upmpdcli turns moOde into a UPnP media renderer and a UPnP media server. You need a UPnP control point, to access them.

The diagram on https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/ may help you visualize this.

As my control point, I use the BubbleUPnP app on my Android phone and tablets.

Regards,
Kent
(09-04-2018, 02:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 02:14 PM)chazriggi Wrote: I have successfully installed the gmusicapi with no failures or warnings. I set up my username and password. But nothing seems to happen. I can still get radio stations, but my music is still blank. I just want to hear google music. Can anyone help?

Hi, @chazriggi

moOde does not have a native UI for browsing Tidal, Qobuz, and Google Play Music services. 

The software component upmpdcli turns moOde into a UPnP media renderer and a UPnP media server. You need a UPnP control point, to access them.

The diagram on https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/ may help you visualize this.

As my control point, I use the BubbleUPnP app on my Android phone and tablets.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you! I'm almost there. I have the free version of BubbleUPnP on my phone and can see the artists and albums in my account. But I can't seem to search for artists or albums from the Google Music server. Am I doing something else wrong or do I need a license to do that sort of thing? I had a brain bleed about 4 years ago and sometimes even easy concepts can baffle me. Thanks for your understanding.