Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
Hi Adrian,

So if I leave the ALSA loopback setting ON and run:

Code:
sudo systemctl disable mpd_oled
sudo reboot

I always have the same problem with airplay and got the same error in syslog:

Code:
shairport-sync: warning: audio_alsa: Channels count (2) not available for device "_audioout": Invalid argument

After this test, I tried again from scratch but without mpd_oled package.
If i set ALSA loopback setting ON, i lost airplay functionnality.

Eric.
Hi Eric

Thanks for the extra details. As mpd_oled isn't involved I am not the best person to help with this. 

Adrian.
I'll look into it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
This is a bug in the _sndaloop.conf file. The plugin "route" should be replaced by the "plug" plugin.

Code:
pcm.!_audioout__ {
   type plug        # was route

Fixed in upcoming 7.3.0 release. Fyi @adrii there will be a test release in the coming weeks that you can try out.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim

I'll try the test release when it is available. I have recently changed mpd_oled so it doesn't start cava (which opens the loopback device for reading) until audio is currently playing (although the check might need improving). This hopefully synchronises its ALSA settings to something compatible with the Moode ALSA settings used when mpd_oled is not installed, which should then help mpd_oled avoid introducing Moode playback issues.

Adrian.
Hi Tim

I have an issue since i have installed the new 7.2.1 version (Clean install), i can't configure anymore Tidal/Qobuz accounts information throught UPNP Renderer, is that "normal" ? Or probably i go wrong ?

You can see the screenshot enclosed.

Thanks for your support !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From the 7.2.0 release notes.

Code:
- UPD: Drop UPnP Tidal/Qobuz from Config (doesn't work anymore)

My understanding is that the UPnP component that implements these services doesn't support them anymore because the providers have changed their authentication methods and thus breakage.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-14-2021, 08:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: This is a bug in the _sndaloop.conf file. The plugin "route" should be replaced by the "plug" plugin.

Code:
pcm.!_audioout__ {
   type plug        # was route

Fixed in upcoming 7.3.0 release. Fyi @adrii there will be a test release in the coming weeks that you can try out.

Morning,

Thanks Smile

Eric
Spotify doesn't work with USB DAC even after the 7.2.1 update. (with 7.1.0 work perfect!)

If you run librespot manually with sudo:

Code:
sudo librespot --name "Moode Spotify" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 100 --volume-ctrl fixed --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "_audioout" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh -v

and change --device "_audioout" to --device "_deviceout" it working fine!

Sadly you need to perform this modifications every time you reboot.

Is there something I can change manually to force moode to use _deviceout instead of _audioout?
Thanks!
Do you have ALSA loopback ON?
Enjoy the Music!