Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.1 support thread
(05-28-2021, 07:26 AM)nintendo Wrote: hi all, i am new here. Great forum and support here. I have recently installed Moode on Raspberry Pi 4b and I am loving it! I am using Moode purely as a network player/bridge into my built in dac on my integrated amplifier via the usb interface. The source of music are flac files stored on local nas, spotify and amazon music. I am using airplay and spotify renderer on moode as well. My integrated amplifier is mcintosh ma5200

The problem I have is when I skip tracks frequently, probably like once every 10 seconds, the dac on the amp freezes up. This behaviour is observed with all source - nas/spotify/amazon music. And the same when I use spotify, airplay renderer and mpd. It seems like there is a buffer overflow on the dac itself. When I restart the dac, it starts functioning again. I look through the guide from mcintosh intended for jriver user and they seem to recommend a 6 second pre buffer. I am not sure if this is the issue but only a suspicion. I look forward to recommendations and advises. Not technically savvy but happy to pull out logs if it helps

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/-/media/Fil...R20-3.ashx

How is your dac connected ? USB2 or USB3 ports from the Pi 4B?

There are reports from the Raspberry Pi forums and elsewhere of problems with the USB3 ports....
Try the USB2 ports.
----------
bob
(05-28-2021, 06:26 AM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi Adrian, 
I am still using the old "raspi-config" and I have never got an error: could it be a solution?
Best regards,
Francesco

@adrii just like @fdealexa I'm also using the raspi-config after an upgrade or fresh install:
option 3, then option 5 press yes to enable and done ;-)
(05-28-2021, 08:18 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 07:26 AM)nintendo Wrote: hi all, i am new here. Great forum and support here. I have recently installed Moode on Raspberry Pi 4b and I am loving it! I am using Moode purely as a network player/bridge into my built in dac on my integrated amplifier via the usb interface. The source of music are flac files stored on local nas, spotify and amazon music. I am using airplay and spotify renderer on moode as well. My integrated amplifier is mcintosh ma5200

The problem I have is when I skip tracks frequently, probably like once every 10 seconds, the dac on the amp freezes up. This behaviour is observed with all source - nas/spotify/amazon music. And the same when I use spotify, airplay renderer and mpd. It seems like there is a buffer overflow on the dac itself. When I restart the dac, it starts functioning again. I look through the guide from mcintosh intended for jriver user and they seem to recommend a 6 second pre buffer. I am not sure if this is the issue but only a suspicion. I look forward to recommendations and advises. Not technically savvy but happy to pull out logs if it helps

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/-/media/Fil...R20-3.ashx

How is your dac connected ? USB2 or USB3 ports from the Pi 4B?

There are reports from the Raspberry Pi forums and elsewhere of problems with the USB3 ports....
Try the USB2 ports.

I am using the usb2 port. Been trying all the settings on moode but none seem to help
The USB receiver in the device is most likely not compatible with Linux USB audio.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-27-2021, 09:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post the contents of the file below after setting Screen Blank = Never

Code:
cat /home/pi/.xinitrc

Thanks Tim - the screensaver timeout was 600secs. I reset the Screen Blank to Never and now it's 'off'. All good!
(05-28-2021, 02:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The USB receiver in the device is most likely not compatible with Linux USB audio.

Thank you Tim, this makes sense. Are there any variable for the usb that I can adjust on Moode os to try to get them to work nicely?
Problem after update
Music is played randomly instead of 1 to 10.
How do I solve that
After more than a year I finally moved to the latest version, stunning how much has changed. No doubt the developers and contributors have done us supporters right over the years.  I will donate again today.

There is one issue when searching the library. Once I have performed the search can't figure out how to clear the search criteria. In other words the results of the search remain displayed. Have tried clearing search fields and submitting to know avail.

Is there a specific procedure to clear the results of a library search? Thanks

S Y S T E M   P A R A M E T E R S

moOde release = 7.2.1 2021-05-06
RaspiOS = 10.6
Linux kernel = 5.4.77-v7l+ #1371
Platform = Pi-4B 1.2 4GB
Architecture = armv7l (32-bit)
Tap the title for example if I searched for Adele the title would be "Filtered by any: Adele"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-31-2021, 02:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Tap the title for example if I searched for Adele the title would be "Filtered by any: Adele"

Your response came before I got back to my puter to make the donation (since rectified). I searched for Adele, now there are 4 albums my screen. So was struggling to get back to the view which has all albums in library not just Adele. I have tried restarting / shutdown that has no effect. Finally, by tapping on the phrase " Filtered by Advance search"  brought back the view of all albums. Must be one of those undocumented features or dumbass luck Dodgy