Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Decoupling Moode from the OS
At the end of the day though, a Raspberry Pi running moOde is a music streamer, not a multi-purpose computer. No one expects Sonos to "decouple the operating system so I can run a web server on it", people rarely crack open their NAIM in order to run a software development kit on it. For the cost of an SD card you can have one minute moOde being your music streamer and the next minute a fully up-to date Raspberry Pi with what ever you want on it. If you want both at the same time, a few quid more gets you TWO Raspberry Pi.
----------------
Robert
Dear @philrandal the statement "You won't get support on this forum for your deviation from the Moode-provided image." is only partially true. It would be better to say "...official support..." The devs and other users on The Forum provide a lot of support for helping users get stuff installed and configured on the image for example in this very thread,  but there's a point where we we can't spend any more time helping to fix an image thats been broken by updates, 3rd party software or any other types of modifications.

Your company prolly does not allow or provide support to end-users installing their own OS modifications on your servers eh, or maybe they do ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-04-2021, 06:13 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: At the end of the day though, a Raspberry Pi running moOde is a music streamer, not a multi-purpose computer.  No one expects Sonos to "decouple the operating system so I can run a web server on it", people rarely crack open their NAIM in order to run a software development kit on it.  For the cost of an SD card you can have one minute moOde being your music streamer and the next minute a fully up-to date Raspberry Pi with what ever you want on it.  If you want both at the same time, a few quid more gets you TWO Raspberry Pi.

Precisely!    Four of my six RPi are dedicated (single use) music streamers. I have two others which are for “playing around” as "general purpose" micro computers. At fort quid a pop, it really is not worth the aggravation of trying to make one Pi be “all things to all men”……

As every, YMMV.