Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
(04-02-2022, 01:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:27 PM)inthemoode Wrote: Has anyone else noticed the circles representing track progress and also volume,   sometimes appear smaller and don't fit around the text bits?   Really not sure how to trigger it, but I will report if I find a way to reliable cause it to happen.

Enjoying moOde 8 thanks

I've seen it happen on occasion and a refresh or slight resize of the window fixes it. 

Not sure what the cause is...

On my tablet, running full-screen,  a refresh doesn't help, and of course I can't resize the window Smile .  I have only noticed it since version 8.  Still, just a cosmetic thing
What Browser and and what is meant by "full screen"?

Are you adding the Browser as a "Home Screen app" like on IOS or Android or some other way to get full screen without the Browser frame, address bar etc?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-01-2022, 07:53 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: @Relocated2007 The mpdignore route does work and if it isn't working for you then you have something else wrong with your installation, so I agree with @TheOldPresbyope (when does one ever do otherwise?) that you should address that problem rather than trying further modifications.

The easiest way to create a file that works is to navigate to the folder you want to exclude in the command line:
Code:
cd /path/to/folder/

Then run this command to make the file:
Code:
echo "*" > .mpdignore
The in the moOde interface, go to the Library tab and press the "Regenerate Music Library" button.  Note the instruction to stay on this screen until the spinner clears (move too soon and you will not get all the library, go drink coffee for 20 minutes to be safe).  If once the library is rebuilt you are still seeing files in the directory with the ignore file in it, please post the results of:
Code:
ls -la
cat .mpdignore
From within the folder where you made the file.
If you are doing this from the Pi, you might need to use the /mnt/ directory to be able to write to the folder rather than through the /tmp/ and it's symlink.
For eg, my exlcuded folder on my NAS is this:
Code:
pi@Orpheus:/mnt/NAS/Claudia/zzz_EXCLUDE

I tried but I am getting 
Code:
.mpdignore: Permission denied

even with Sudo command. My USB is in the media folder there is nothing in the mnt dir (I mean no USB there are only NAS  SDCARD  UPNP).
My path looks: 
Code:
pi@moode:/media/7b952e33-7045-4155-9865-e7962f56faa4/media/music $
But I tried again and went to the music path and Hallluja I made this command to the full library folder, so when I regenerate lib there is only the Stereo test as supposed to be cool.
I did the ls command and I could see .mpdignore file, cool. So remove it and made an echo command in the Amiga folder which I want to exclude (folder contains only files no subfolders).
Again permission was denied even with sudo, I do not know what to do?
I am just I reckon given up. My workaround with symlink to the proper music folder on USB is working well, only those thumbnails but screw it, I am listening nod watching.
(04-02-2022, 02:57 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What Browser and and what is meant by "full screen"?

Are you adding the Browser as a "Home Screen app" like on IOS or Android or some other way to get full screen without the Browser frame, address bar etc?

Yes.  Chrome, with a bookmark added to the homescreen - so it appears full screen.  I will experiment with it other ways and see what happens.
Hi,

here's a bug that (I think) has already been reported in the past. I've just updated from a fresh install of 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 and it's still there.

Bug description:

No sound at all whenever I start streaming FLACs from my NAS.
Then, when I play with the volume knob:
  • Sound comes out from left speaker only
  • sometimes from both speakers, but with something like a 90/10% level balance
  • or bad rendition (either way too much bass, bass distortion or "cold" sound)
Absolutely no issue when streaming from Spotify.

I think last person who reported this bug was told to play with the volume knob to solve that issue.

My setup:
HifiBerry DAC2 HD hat on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

boot/config.txt:
  • manually added new line force_eeprom_read=0 under dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd

Moode UI configuration:

Audio Config:

Audio output:
  • Output device: I2S audio device
  • Volume type: Hardware
  • Named I2S device: none
  • or DT overlay: hifiberry-dacplushd

Alsa Options:
  • Max volume (%): 100
  • Output mode: Direct (hw)

Thanks for any advice!
(04-02-2022, 07:42 AM)Frank79 Wrote: Hi,

here's a bug that (I think) has already been reported in the past. I've just updated from a fresh install of 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 and it's still there.

Bug description:

No sound at all whenever I start streaming FLACs from my NAS.
Then, when I play with the volume knob:
  • Sound comes out from left speaker only
  • sometimes from both speakers, but with something like a 90/10% level balance
  • or bad rendition (either way too much bass, bass distortion or "cold" sound)
Absolutely no issue when streaming from Spotify.

I think last person who reported this bug was told to play with the volume knob to solve that issue.

My setup:
HifiBerry DAC2 HD hat on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

boot/config.txt:
  • manually added new line force_eeprom_read=0 under dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd

Moode UI configuration:

Audio Config:

Audio output:
  • Output device: I2S audio device
  • Volume type: Hardware
  • Named I2S device: none
  • or DT overlay: hifiberry-dacplushd

Alsa Options:
  • Max volume (%): 100
  • Output mode: Direct (hw)

Thanks for any advice!

In Audio Config 
- Set DT overlay to None
- Reboot 
- Set DT overlay to hifibery-dacplushd
- Reboot

Post the output from the commands below.

Code:
cat /boot/config.txt

amixer -c0
Enjoy the Music!
(04-01-2022, 07:53 AM)the_bertrum Wrote: @Relocated2007 The mpdignore route does work and if it isn't working for you then you have something else wrong with your installation, so I agree with @TheOldPresbyope (when does one ever do otherwise?) that you should address that problem rather than trying further modifications.
Way off-topic

Thanks for the compliment but long-time readers of this forum know I can be caught as far off base as anyone.

Three quotes come to mind:

1. (my late wife, while we were dating in college) - "The trouble with you is, you sound like you know what you're talking about even when you don't."

2. (Ronald Reagan, quoting what he was told is an old Russian proverb) - "Trust, but verify"

3. (a close friend of mine) - "The older I get, the better I used to be."

Regards,
Kent
@Relocated2007

"permission denied" messages suggest there is a problem with ownership/permissions settings on one or more directories of the file system on the USB drive. Even a sudo'er might have to change the settings before being able to write to an affected directory.

It seems your path down to the recalcitrant "Amiga directory" might be something like

/media/<uuid>/media/music/Amiga

where <uuid> is my shorthand for your 7b952e33-7045-4155-9865-e7962f56faa4

so how about posting the output of ls -la at the intervening levels

ls -la /media
ls -la /media/<uuid>
ls -la /media/<uuid>/media
ls -la /media/<uuid>/media/music

using the actual uuid, of course, and stopping at the directory containing the "Amiga directory".

Note: I did not make this a single recursive command as I did in my earlier example  because ISTR you mentioned a 4TB USB drive. No need to list out all those files!

Regards,
Kent
It's prolly cos when doing "sudo echo" the echo won't run as root due to how the shell functions.

Try piping instead

Code:
# Write/overwrite
echo "Some text" | sudo tee /directory/.mpdignore >/dev/null

# Append
echo "Some text" | sudo tee -a /directory/.mpdignore  >/dev/null

# NOTE: The >/dev/null is just to prevent the text from being echoed to the console.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-28-2022, 02:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 08:29 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello everybody,
since the functionality of the "loopback" option was released I have noticed some anomalies. After many tests, with various releases, software components, etc, I can now be sure that there is a problem related to enabling this option.
The last test I did today with a scratch configuration (8.0.2).
Configuration:
Raspberry pi: 4 - 4GB,
DAC hat: I tried with some cards,
no additional software components.
Symptom:
significant increase in CPU load and slight increase in memory occupation.
Repeatability:
with the "loopback" option set to "ON", starting to listen to a radio, the system freezes after some hours.
During this period of time, keeping under control with "TOP" you notice that the "MPD" process grows (in CPU and Memory occupation).
With the same configuration and the same radio station (Jazz24), but with the "loopback" in "OFF" the CPU and Memory load (even after 3 hours) remain stable at the same value.
It is essential that there are no pauses during playback: if you "pause" or "stop" or change the source, the problem clears up..
I tried to search if there was already a "thread" on this problem, but I did not find anything: please excuse me if I am wrong.
Please let me know if it is appropriate to open a different thread.
Thank you all for your attention and greetings,
Francesco

No issues on my end after 4 1/2 hours. 

Code:
pi@sig:~ $ moodeutl -m
^CU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 2% | TEMP: 46°C | RAM_USED: 20% | DISK_USED: 38% | DISK_FREE: 4.3G | FPM_POOL: 12 workers  

Hi Tim, hi everyone.
I am dismayed but after further tests I still haven't solved the "loopback" anomaly.
The tests carried out (the results of which are shown in the annex) were based on:
2 raspberry Pi-4B 1.1 4GB;
2 different SD cards (brand and size);
1 Audiophonics ES9028 / 9038 DAC (above on screenshots);
1DAC IQAudIO Pi-DAC + (below on the screenshots) (I got it just for compatibility of Tim's results);
moOde audio player Release 8.0.2 2022-03-25;
No basic configuration (I left all the default parameters: even local time, keyboard, etc.), only "Named I2S device".
Obviously the other parameter that I have configured is that of the "loopback".
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thank you and greetings,
Francesco

.zip   no loopback.zip (Size: 1.87 MB / Downloads: 1)

.zip   with loopback a.zip (Size: 1.25 MB / Downloads: 2)

.zip   with loopback b.zip (Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 1)