Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Official moOde 8 support thread
Another problem is the device freezes when paused and after trying to start playback a few minutes later. The problem only occurs with version 8.0.2 and not with version 7.6.1. Playback cannot be resumed. The green LED is permanently on. The device does not respond - the website does not load, and the akream LCD responds only to touch, but there is no other reaction.

Once again I recorded, downloaded and recorded the image on the SD card. I reconfigured the equipment. It doesn't help. If I pause the music for about 20-30 minutes, playback cannot continue after that. Moode website stops working, display wakes up after a delay but does not respond to functions. Touch works. The green LED is on continuously. On MOODE 7.6.1. there are no such problems.
(04-23-2022, 01:08 PM)PERRLA Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 08:36 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
Quote: Nothing happens, when I use the app, FING, I don't see the pi on the network.

Nothing ? No Power LED ? No activity LEDs ?     Then check that the power supply connections are made and that the switch is on.

The red power light is on and beside it a green light flickers for a short period but then stops.  I've been running moode for the past year but it stopped working a month ago.  I was running an older version so thought perhaps I should install the latest.  I can install volumio using the "hotspot" method.  The direct ethernet cable in method did not seem to work for moode or volumio.  The hotspot method does not work with moode, ie.  I don't see moode as an option in my wifi settings.

Hi Perrla,
It looks like a wrong image is on.
What tool have you used to unzip the file?
Do the RJ45 (ethernet) led's blink? It may be a broken Lan cable.
Please let us know.
Regards,
Francesco
Hi to all

I've Problem:

In MoOde 8.0.2
activated local BT than
I've try to configure BlueZ for the output stream but is impossible to submit status to the Bluetooth controller.
than i.e. is impossible to stream via BT speakers..
can be a solution?? wrong somentings
tnks
(04-25-2022, 02:41 PM)AndromedaStrain Wrote: Hi to all

I've Problem:

In MoOde 8.0.2
activated local BT than
I've try to configure BlueZ for the output stream but is impossible to submit status to the Bluetooth controller.
than i.e. is impossible to stream via BT speakers..
can be a solution?? wrong somentings
tnks

sorry my mistake I've FOUND  SOLUTION!!
I upgraded two of my three moode systems just fine, but my third is showing some strange problems. I backed up its configuration, then did the upgrade. But when I tried to restore my configuration, the system hung. I tried doing so with several browsers and got the same result with all of them. Moode never loaded the backup file, or at least never finished doing so.

At first I panicked because I couldn't remember the driver I used for the no-name audio interface card on this rig, but I dug through the backup files and found that I'd used "Audiophonics ES9028/9038 DAC." After that, I was able to reconstruct the rest of the system manually and get it running. Almost.

I'm using the Coax S/PDIF output on this audio card, which is attached to a Pi 3B+. The system comes up, I can select a radio station, and it plays OK to my audio amp. It will play for hours unless/until I select another radio station. Sometimes the new radio station works, but in all cases after changing stations four or five times, I get no output. My receiving amplifier shows a "no signal" error on its S/PDIF input. Restarting MPD doesn't help. Resetting moode doesn't help. So far, cycling power brings the rig sort-of back to life, but after doing so audio is degraded and it stops sending S/PDIF data at the first station change.

None of this was a problem on 7.6.1. So I flashed another SD card with 7.6.1, allowing me to swap versions back and forth. 7.6.1 still runs flawlessly, and I can change stations even after the rig has been up for hours. At first I suspected some sort of heat-related hardware problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case since 7.6.1 runs fine.

I have the two versions configured as similarly as I can. The only difference is that 7.6.1 has software control of volume, but on 8.0.2 I have the output set to fixed 0 dB. I tried software volume control on 8.0.2 and that made no difference.

I haven't tried the optical S/PDIF and analog outputs on this card yet to see if they keep running, but I will. However I really want to run with S/PDIF Coax in the long run.

Any troubleshooting ideas would be appreciated.

- Steve
Are u using a fresh 802 image or the one where the update failed?

It's possible that the S/PDIF card isn't compatible anymore with the Audiophonics driver in the 5.15 kernel branch used in moOde 802. 

After rebooting, try looking in the dmesg log for lines relating to the audiophonics Sabre driver. There's no guarantee it will reveal any type of specific problem though.

Below is from a system of mine with Audiophonics 9038 DAC. It works perfectly even though there are some suspicious errors in the log.

Code:
pi@kef:~ $ dmesg | grep snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m
[   11.384896] snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[   11.480195] snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[   12.430606] snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[   12.879311] snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m soc:sound: Audiophonics Device ID : FF
[   12.882603] snd-rpi-i-sabre-q2m soc:sound: Audiophonics API revision : FF
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for the suggestions Tim. In short, this is now fixed. I flashed a new SD card with a fresh copy of 8.0.2, configured the board from scratch, and things have been running fine all day.

I'm not quite sure what went wrong originally. Perhaps my original SD card had developed some bad memory cells and attempting to restore my backup encountered them, causing subtle corruption. The SD card verified properly after flashing, and the backup zip file isn't corrupted although I don't know if its contents are sane. I'll do an integrity test on the entire original SD card before I attempt to write anything to it again. But ...

Here's where things get weird! The audio interface board I'm using is this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002056884251.html

which has a Burr Brown PCM5122 DAC, and I'd been using a driver for an ES9028 DAC! I'm astounded that it ever worked! I chose this driver based on a forum post from another user who, it seemed, had the same card I did, and the ES driver worked for him. I don't recall seeing a photo or a link to the other user's card though. Anyway, out of curiosity I tried the "Audiophonics PCM5122 DAC" driver also. That didn't work at all! MPD failed to initialize, and I couldn't find any reference to it after running dmesg. No errors, no nothing. It was like it wasn't even installed.

I get lots of errors in my startup log from the ES driver, but none of them seem to matter- audio seems to play fine and is stable. The card's control buttons work to change various settings, but they would probably work regardless of the driver in play. The only discrepancy I've noticed is that the ES driver offers 7 filter settings under "chip options", while the card claims to have 5 filter options that can be selected by the buttons under the LCD. I'm not sure I care.

Please let me know if there's another driver I should try, or if you would like any more info on all this. Otherwise, I'm happy to move on.

Thanks again,

- Steve
Good luck with that board and vendor. They don't even specify what driver to use. If it doesn't work with moOde software which they claim it's compatible with then post on their support forum.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello, Does exist some way to use the last vension in "experimental 64 bit" mode or I need stay in 7.6 only?
(06-19-2022, 04:47 AM)Pbnmjk Wrote: Hello, Does exist some way to use the last vension in "experimental 64 bit" mode or I need stay in 7.6 only?

Experimental 64 bit was removed, because of it being unstable.  However, the imminent 8.1 version adds fully supported 64 bit, so if you think you need more bits for some reason, you can have them then Smile
----------------
Robert