Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Queue Screen is Indented
I noticed that when adding a specific folder from my collection, the playlist no longer lines up.  I've attached the screenshot.  moodeutil -t does not indicate any errors.  Upgraded to 8.2.2 and verified the issue persists.

To help possible diagnosis, I looked at the response from the server on the /command/queue.php?cmd=get_playqueue call and inspected array elements 9-11 which appear to be where the queue is broken and nothing stood out of the ordinary.  Tried it in Edge and Firefox in Linux with the same results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-25-2022, 09:18 PM)doobster Wrote: I noticed that when adding a specific folder from my collection, the playlist no longer lines up.  I've attached the screenshot.  moodeutil -t does not indicate any errors.  Upgraded to 8.2.2 and verified the issue persists.

To help possible diagnosis, I looked at the response from the server on the /command/queue.php?cmd=get_playqueue call and inspected array elements 9-11 which appear to be where the queue is broken and nothing stood out of the ordinary.  Tried it in Edge and Firefox in Linux with the same results.

Good thing is a "specific" folder, so we can dig in it...

Can you give the listing of the files in such folder? Also, the metadata in them could play some role...
OTOH, I see a similar behavior when I (although only on the Raspberry 7'' display, not on the browsers...) select the font size to Large, or Larger in the preferences...

Cheers, Al.
(10-25-2022, 09:31 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 09:18 PM)doobster Wrote: I noticed that when adding a specific folder from my collection, the playlist no longer lines up.  I've attached the screenshot.  moodeutil -t does not indicate any errors.  Upgraded to 8.2.2 and verified the issue persists.

Can you give the listing of the files in such folder? Also, the metadata in them could play some role...
OTOH, I see a similar behavior when I (although only on the Raspberry 7'' display, not on the browsers...) select the font size to Large, or Larger in the preferences...

Cheers, Al.

I PMed the content to you.  Changing font size in preferences or in the browser did not make any difference.  I'm sharing the source code of the affected area via the debugger as an attachment if that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-25-2022, 09:44 PM)doobster Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 09:31 PM)Nutul Wrote:

Cheers, Al.

I PMed the content to you.  Changing font size in preferences or in the browser did not make any difference.  I'm sharing the source code of the affected area via the debugger as an attachment if that helps.

Hi,

the only weird thing I can see is the <unknown</unknown> open-closed tags in the track10 and track11 (and possibly somewhere else before them)...
Cannot say why they're there, but it might be a bug if the artist is unknown... (and I do believe it is)

To rule it out, try to tag all the tracks in that directory with (even fake, just to have it there) some metadata; that is, fill in artist / album / title things... at least the artist, which is being normally shown in the playing queue. 

Cheers, Al.
Actually...

I just tried the other thing around: edited my playing queue, and added <unknown></unknown> instead of the artist name in one item: the list breaks right after it.

Now... we need to figure out why those weird tags get into the way... @Tim Curtis any idea?

Cheers, Al.
It could be some rogue newline or other strange character in the metadata.

Zip up a couple of the files and PM a download link to myself, @TheOldPresbyope and @Nutul (If he agrees). One of us will have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-25-2022, 10:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: (...) and @Nutul (If he agrees). One of us will have a look.

That's fine for me, count me in.

Cheers, Al.
Hi all,

it's weird, but the problem appears to be that the artist name, in the id3 tags (the file has both v1 and v2,,,) is "<Unknown>", with the angle-brackets... the browser considers it to be a tag (and closes it...). I'll look into a fix for it; as encoding the text...

Cheers, Al.
@doobster

I suggest you clean your library and use consistent tagging; one for all, an unknown artist / album needs not to be specifically named so... it will suffice to leave it empty, moOde will figure it out itself, and will not break your UI user experience.
Also, try to avoid angle-brackets and quotes anywhere in the metadata, as it's unpredictable how they will (they could, hence they would, hence they will, Murphy docet) corrupt the UI.

Cheers, Al.
(10-26-2022, 07:48 PM)Nutul Wrote: @doobster

I suggest you clean your library and use consistent tagging; one for all, an unknown artist / album needs not to be specifically named so... it will suffice to leave it empty, moOde will figure it out itself, and will not break your UI user experience.
Also, try to avoid angle-brackets and quotes anywhere in the metadata, as it's unpredictable how they will (they could, hence they would, hence they will, Murphy docet) corrupt the UI.

Cheers, Al.

Nutul,
That may be a tall order for some libraries and it may not resolve the issue in all instances.  I found two possible solutions to fix the issue.  One is to add a non-breaking space to the end of the Artist.  That way the browser renders it as "something" and will properly break the next li tag.  The other, better, solution is to add "min-height: 2.4em;" to "playqueue-entry" class, since the icon's and artwork's size is set to 2.4em.  That'll ensure that the next list item doesn't start indented if the text portion of the previous entry didn't take 2.4em in height.

Doobster.