Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How to invoke Virtual Keyboard on Official 7-inch Touch Screen???
Huh
After update to 8.2.2 i am not able to find a way to invoke the Virtual Keyboard on Official 7-inch Touch Screen.

How is it done? Couldn't find any description of this feature.

Cheers
Det Smile
(11-19-2022, 09:44 AM)Schlauer Det Wrote: Huh
After update to 8.2.2 i am not able to find a way to invoke the Virtual Keyboard on Official 7-inch Touch Screen.

How is it done? Couldn't find any description of this feature.

Cheers
Det Smile

You need to go to  "m" => Settings => System, then enable it in the section Local Display.
Once you've done this the keyboard will automatically pop up selecting any text-field in the UI.

Cheers, Al.
@Nutul :

Thanks, you saved half of my day already.

First, I was misguided by the label " ENABLE" in the => Settings,=> System, Local Display section.
I switched it to show "Disable" now, rebooted, and the keyboard apperas when pointing to the text-field "search" for example. That part works perfectly.

Second, when going to Chrome, the virtual keyboard doesn't appear when pointiing to a text-field.

Can you please save the second half of my day?

Thank you very much so far.

Greetz,

Det  Smile
(11-19-2022, 11:43 AM)Schlauer Det Wrote: @Nutul :

First, I was misguided by the label " ENABLE" in the => Settings,=> System, Local Display section.
I switched it to show "Disable" now, rebooted, and the keyboard apperas when pointing to the text-field "search" for example. That part works perfectly.

Second, when going to Chrome, the virtual keyboard doesn't appear when pointiing to a text-field.

Greetz,

Det  Smile

No, I cannot :-D

The reason is: when you are on Chrome on ytour PC there is no need for a virtual keyboard, you can use the physical one, right?
Moode performs a check, and if it is running on the Chrome in the PI, then enables the keyboard, otherwise it doesn't.

There is a way to enable it, though, but is for developing purposes only; main thing being: on a browser other than the local PI one, you don't need the OSK.

Cheers, Al.

P.S.
@Tim Curtis
The way we enable the OSK was somehow misleading for me as well... shouldn't it be more consistent with a ON/OFF sliding swich?
Al, thanks again.

Probably, I misunderstand your reply, but what I want to accomplish is the following:

I am not using Moode on my PC, only on my PI where I have Moode running.

When I invoke Chrome on my PI by pointing to the track title below the station logo.
Moode answers with a fullscreen Chrome display of Google.
This is the point whn I would like to have the virtual keyboard on my PI.

Cheers
Det Smile
(11-19-2022, 11:57 AM)Nutul Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 11:43 AM)Schlauer Det Wrote: @Nutul :

Greetz,

Det  Smile

No, I cannot :-D

The reason is: when you are on Chrome on ytour PC there is no need for a virtual keyboard, you can use the physical one, right?
Moode performs a check, and if it is running on the Chrome in the PI, then enables the keyboard, otherwise it doesn't.

There is a way to enable it, though, but is for developing purposes only; main thing being: on a browser other than the local PI one, you don't need the OSK.

Cheers, Al.

P.S.
@Tim Curtis
The way we enable the OSK was somehow misleading for me as well... shouldn't it be more consistent with a ON/OFF sliding swich?

I'll update the control for upcoming 8.2.3
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-19-2022, 12:10 PM)Schlauer Det Wrote: When I invoke Chrome on my PI by pointing to the track title below the station logo.

This indeed cannot be done, because in this moment the page is loaded from the internet, and our JS code for the OSK isn't there...

I have done this in the past, with JS-injection, but to achieve this we would need to write an app with a web-view, using the CEF (Chrome-Embedded-Framework) displaying the web contents we want (so that upon receiving the event "pageLoaded" such an app could inject code to it... but it's out of scope).

moOde has evolved, probably it was never meant to be run on a browser with touch display locally; but now it is... ;-)
(TTYTT, I keep that functionality disabled, as I find it useless on the PI)

Cheers, Al.
(11-19-2022, 12:29 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 12:10 PM)Schlauer Det Wrote: When I invoke Chrome on my PI by pointing to the track title below the station logo.

This indeed cannot be done, because in this moment the page is loaded from the internet, and our JS code for the OSK isn't there...

I have done this in the past, with JS-injection, but to achieve this we would need to write an app with a web-view, using the CEF (Chrome-Embedded-Framework) displaying the web contents we want (so that upon receiving the event "pageLoaded" such an app could inject code to it... but it's out of scope).

moOde has evolved, probably it was never meant to be run on a browser with touch display locally; but now it is... ;-)

Cheers, Al.

Al, thanks a lot again.

Now I get it. Big Grin 

@Tim Curtis : Would it be a good idea to enable Moode to start other external programs?

Thank to all of you,

Det Smile Smile Smile
(11-19-2022, 12:37 PM)Schlauer Det Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 12:29 PM)Nutul Wrote:

Cheers, Al.

Al, thanks a lot again.

Now I get it. Big Grin 

@Tim Curtis : Would it be a good idea to enable Moode to start other external programs?

Thank to all of you,

Det Smile Smile Smile

The OSK is not an external program, is just part of mo\ode code, enabled or not.
Then it might depend on what you mean by external programs... but moOde is basically an audio player.

Cheers, Al.
(11-19-2022, 12:10 PM)Schlauer Det Wrote: Al, thanks again.

Probably, I misunderstand your reply, but what I want to accomplish is the following:

I am not using Moode on my PC, only on my PI where I have Moode running.

When I invoke Chrome on my PI by pointing to the track title below the station logo.

Cheers
Det Smile

What do you need to type in on the Google results?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub