Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Rpi unresponsive
Hi there,
I come to you because I have a problem.
I bought a touch screen last week that I use with a 3B+RPI.
If the RPI is unused for some time (2-3 hours for example) when I touch the screen to navigate the software, the PI becomes really slow.
Navigation becomes impossible, including through my computer or smartphone. It seems to me that the server becomes inaccessible. Including SSH.
I specify that I did not have this problem when I used it without touch screen.
If someone has ideas.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Ps: I use the last version of moode.
Rpi 3+
Smsl Q5 Pro
Moode audio 8.2.4
The symptoms are similar to the those caused by the old chromium memory leak but that issue was fixed in the versions of chromium that were shipped in moOde releases >= 8.1.0.

I'll boot up my 7" touch a bit later today and see what happens.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-01-2023, 04:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptoms are similar to the those caused by the old chromium memory leak but that issue was fixed in the versions of chromium that were shipped in moOde releases >= 8.1.0.

Thanks for your answer.
Tell me if is your case. I'll reinstall with an older version.

Regards
Rpi 3+
Smsl Q5 Pro
Moode audio 8.2.4
And do you think this issue will be resolved in the next release?

Thanks
Rpi 3+
Smsl Q5 Pro
Moode audio 8.2.4
(01-01-2023, 05:35 PM)chinaski33 Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 04:56 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptoms are similar to the those caused by the old chromium memory leak but that issue was fixed in the versions of chromium that were shipped in moOde releases >= 8.1.0.

Thanks for your answer.
Tell me if is your case. I'll reinstall with an older version.

Regards

@chinaski33

You haven't told us what your touchscreen is. You also haven't told us whether you got to moOde 8.2.4 with a fresh install or an update from a previous version. If you've made any alterations (such as installing drivers or updating/upgrading the underlying OS) you need to tell us.

Is screen blanking enabled?

I hadn't seen this problem with moOde 8.2.3 player using a Raspberry Pi "official" 7-inch touchscreen but I had that player shut down for a week while I was away and have just installed 8.2.4 now. I'll leave it running this afternoon to see what develops.

Regards,
Kent
I use the official Pi 7-inch. I've not made any alterations.
Screen blanking is enabled (sorry i'm a little bit noob, but what's this setting? Screensaver?)

Regards,
Rpi 3+
Smsl Q5 Pro
Moode audio 8.2.4
I'm not able to repro. after almost 4 hours. Below shows memory utilization at a constant 34% and there were no issues with UI response on the Pi Touch or from Browser on my Mac.

Code:
pi@moode:~ $
pi@moode:~ $ date
Sun 01 Jan 2023 11:12:02 AM EST
pi@moode:~ $ moodeutl -m
^CU: 1.2 GHz, LOAD: 6% 52C | MEM: 34% used | DISK: 10% used, 26G free | PHP: 7 workerss
Sun 01 Jan 2023 02:52:39 PM EST
Enjoy the Music!
(01-01-2023, 06:43 PM)chinaski33 Wrote: I use the official Pi 7-inch. I've not made any alterations.
Screen blanking is enabled (sorry i'm a little bit noob, but what's this setting? Screensaver?)

Regards,

(01-01-2023, 07:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro. after almost 4 hours. Below shows memory utilization at a constant 34% and there were no issues with UI response on the Pi Touch or from Browser on my Mac.

Code:
^CU: 1.2 GHz, LOAD: 6% 52C | MEM: 34% used | DISK: 10% used, 26G free | PHP: 7 workerss
Ok. Do you use with rpi3?
I've reinstalled an older version of moode (8.0.0).
I've disabled blank screen option.
I'll keep you posted.

Regards
Rpi 3+
Smsl Q5 Pro
Moode audio 8.2.4
(01-01-2023, 09:45 PM)chinaski33 Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 06:43 PM)chinaski33 Wrote: I use the official Pi 7-inch. I've not made any alterations.

Regards,

(01-01-2023, 07:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro. after almost 4 hours. Below shows memory utilization at a constant 34% and there were no issues with UI response on the Pi Touch or from Browser on my Mac.

Code:
Ok. Do you use with rpi3?
I've reinstalled an older version of moode (8.0.0).
I've disabled blank screen option.
I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Yes, it's a Pi-3B, Pi 7" Touch and connected via 2.4GHz WiFi to my LAN.
Enjoy the Music!
@chinaski33

I'm not sure why you fell back to moOde 8.0.0. As Tim said earlier, we were having problems with the Chromium browser and its memory leakage before 8.1.x so I wouldn't expect success. 

Keep in mind that the moOde build simply incorporates whatever Chromium browser packages are available in the official raspberry pi and debian repositories. At some point, as the package versions advanced, the memory leakage problem abated, but it wasn't due to anything we did. As an aside, reading the Chromium developer forum is not very informative for us outsiders.

As for the screen blanking, sorry, I don't believe that this should have an effect on this issue, I was just curious about the local display settings you've chosen.

I've been running moOde 8.2.4 on an RPi3B+ and 7-inch display for some hours now. Like Tim, I'm not seeing memory usage increasing and the screen response was quick when I checked just now. This is quite unlike the behavior I was seeing when this problem was first being explored some years ago. Then the browser ultimately would consume all memory and freeze the system.

Regards,
Kent