Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thumbnail parent folder
(04-26-2023, 06:02 PM)Venerdi Wrote:
(02-24-2023, 01:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think this has been asked for in the past. I'll add to the the TODO list to investigate.

@Nutul this is similar to a request for Artist images which is also on the TODO list. These images would be in the Album folder though and not in the parent folder. Maybe the JS for renderFolderView() could be looked at to see if a simple query could be done at each folder level above the album folder for a single, specific file name thats different from the standard cover file names for example "folder_cover.jpg". Something like that.

...any little hope for the next version?  Cry Angel 

V.

Uh, sorry to say, but not yet, on my side at least...
I do have something in mind that could help in a wider scenario, though; it's just the time that is never enough...

Listen, there is a dirty workaround:

1. you create a 1-second mp3/flac/whatsoever track
2. leave its Artist and AlbumArtist tags EMPTY
3. set its album art to whatever you like for that specific folder
4. place this, and this ONLY file in that "root" directory

RESULT:
1. you'll end up with one more track in the (possibly, not tested yet...) Unknown Artist group (if you browse by artist)
2. the folder containing such file will show its album art

DRAWBACK:
you'll see that one dummy file in the folder contents, alongside with all of the contained folders for your albums.

This is it. I personally don't like it, but if you name the file intelligently, at least it won't hurt the eye when browsing the FOLDER view... This is, of course, until we come up with a cleaner implementation. It might be tomorrow, as it might be next year, just not to give false expectations.

P.S.
What's wrong with you guys using the FOLDER view instead of the more logical TAG (by Artist) view, where everything is organized by ARTIST (which is far more intuitive, and resembles the usual arrangement of the FOLDER tree structure)? Just asking... I'd like to understand, though, because there's more than one out there using this, hence there must be something to it.
(04-26-2023, 08:25 PM)Nutul Wrote: P.S.
What's wrong with you guys using the FOLDER view instead of the more logical TAG (by Artist) view, where everything is organized by ARTIST (which is far more intuitive, and resembles the usual arrangement of the FOLDER tree structure)? Just asking... I'd like to understand, though, because there's more than one out there using this, hence there must be something to it.

It took me a long time to move from folder style browsing for all my digital content, music and photos. The folder method more accurately resembles the physical library with each folder being the record sleeve/cd case, with the tracks held on the disc inside the folder (maybe even sub divided within onto disc or even side). It's much more how one would browse through a shelf of discs. Tag based views of course can do this as well, but one must get the tags right and sometimes changing the software will change what your tags need to be.
----------------
Robert
Someone might want to try adding some image file types to the REGEX in the "list songfiles" script and see if that results in the thumbnail generator creating "folder" thumbs from the directory output from the script

Code:
/var/www/util/list-songfiles.sh

Try this simplified one.

Code:
TYPES_REGEX="\(aac\|ac3\|aif\|aiff\|dff\|dsf\|flac\|m4a\|mkv\|mp3\|mp4\|ogg\|pcm\|wav\|wma\|jpg\|png\)"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-27-2023, 12:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Someone might want to try adding some image file types to the REGEX in the "list songfiles" script and see if that results in the thumbnail generator creating "folder" thumbs from the directory output from the script

Code:

Try this simplified one.

Code:
TYPES_REGEX="\(aac\|ac3\|aif\|aiff\|dff\|dsf\|flac\|m4a\|mkv\|mp3\|mp4\|ogg\|pcm\|wav\|wma\|jpg\|png\)"

Hi Tim! I can confirm this does the trick. Thanks to you, all folders in my library now have an icon!
(05-02-2023, 10:26 AM)Wookiee Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 12:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Someone might want to try adding some image file types to the REGEX in the "list songfiles" script and see if that results in the thumbnail generator creating "folder" thumbs from the directory output from the script

Code:

Try this simplified one.

Code:

Hi Tim! I can confirm this does the trick. Thanks to you, all folders in my library now have an icon!

Thanks Wookiee!

...and a poor person like me, who doesn't understand anything about Linux commands (I wouldn't even know where to write them), how could he do it?

@Tim
Could this solution be included in a future release? ...or does it have to be entered with a Linux command?

V.
(05-02-2023, 06:47 PM)Venerdi Wrote:
(05-02-2023, 10:26 AM)Wookiee Wrote:

Code:

Try this simplified one.

Code:

Thanks Wookiee!

...and a poor person like me, who doesn't understand anything about Linux commands (I wouldn't even know where to write them), how could he do it?

@Tim
Could this solution be included in a future release? ...or does it have to be entered with a Linux command?

V.

@Venerdi
Well... After making a backup copy of the script, I implemented the change in a terminal with nano through an SSH connection... there must be an easier way for you, probably by mounting the SD card on your computer and making the change with your text editor.

@Tim Curtis
I guess you could include the modified script in a future release. Of course it's up to you!
Sure, I can include the enhancement in upcoming 8.3.3 release (Q2 2023).
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim
@Wookiee

...well, I want to thank both of you.
I still downloaded the "putty" sw.
I'll try to learn how to use it, so when it comes to commands, I'll be able to do some tests.
Who knows how many disasters I will make...
V.
You can also use moOde's built in SSH terminal.

Menu, Configure, System

Scroll down to the Security section and
- Turn "Web SSH" ON
- OPEN SSH terminal
- Enter userid and password
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks Tim and one last question on this topic, regarding the change you anticipated here:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5554
Also for these images, will the thumbnail generator follow the choice (for example the pixels) enabled in the preferences? Or will there be separate rules?