Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Newbie from Wiltshire, UK. The home of Stonehenge
Hi,

New to RPi, should I get my hands on one?  Sad

Not new to programming or electronics tho'. Old school FORTRAN 77, Machine code, C (K&R), C++
Starting with ZX-81, Spectrum, Amiga, VAX-11/785, MicroVax2000, 68000 (20,30,40), HP1000 A900, Apple Mac (several), 386->i7 8th Gen.

Retired Communications and Systems engineer, getting back to my roots by building audio for the home.

Once I get a RPi4 the Kitchen system will be:

RPI4 (Moode Audio, of course   Big Grin ) -> Topping E30ii DAC (USB) -> BA-3 (Burning Amp as Preamp (DIY)) ->ICEPower125asx2 (DIY) -> Spendor Bookshelf speakers.

Will mostly stream Qobuz, CD collection on NAS and internet radio (especially Hirschmilch Chillout from Berlin  Cool )

I'm told you are a friendly lot Big Grin 

Mitch
(05-18-2023, 03:05 PM)Mitchabbots Wrote: Hi,

New to RPi, should I get my hands on one?  Sad

Not new to programming or electronics tho'. Old school FORTRAN 77, Machine code, C (K&R), C++
Starting with ZX-81, Spectrum, Amiga, VAX-11/785, MicroVax2000, 68000 (20,30,40), HP1000 A900, Apple Mac (several), 386->i7 8th Gen.

Retired Communications and Systems engineer, getting back to my roots by building audio for the home.

Once I get a RPi4 the Kitchen system will be:

RPI4 (Moode Audio, of course   Big Grin ) -> Topping E30ii DAC (USB) -> BA-3 (Burning Amp as Preamp (DIY)) ->ICEPower125asx2 (DIY) -> Spendor Bookshelf speakers.

Will mostly stream Qobuz, CD collection on NAS and internet radio (especially Hirschmilch Chillout from Berlin  Cool )

I'm told you are a friendly lot Big Grin 

Mitch

Welcome aboard, Mitch.

i think you'll find us friendly. Just be prepared for our weird senses of humor to break out at unexpected moments---notably outrageous puns and, in my case, at least, references to the Monty Python crew*.

Regards,
Kent

* For example, mention of Stonehenge always puts me in mind of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things.
I've spent a chunk of my summer for the last 40 years in the Vale of Pewsey. Lovely part of the world. What bit of Wiltshire are you in?
----------------
Robert
(05-18-2023, 03:05 PM)Mitchabbots Wrote: Old school (...)

Hi Mitch,

welcome on board; YAOS :-)
Well now, if the rest of you geezers are chiming in then I had better add my 2 bob's worth.

Welcome along Mitchabbots !

Just like Kent said...don't mind us..:-)

Cheers, Bob. from the depths of the Antipodes. ;-)

@the_bertrum  they're your legs centre at 0:18 ?   :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcL-9TX9WLg&t=21s
----------
bob
(05-18-2023, 05:03 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: I've spent a chunk of my summer for the last 40 years in the Vale of Pewsey.  Lovely part of the world.  What bit of Wiltshire are you in?

Hi Robert,

That will be the capital, Trowbridge. Just up the road. Vale of Pewsey - Nice!  Cool

Mitch
Thanks guys, just ordered my RPi an hour ago. Let the fun begin!

Mitch
(05-23-2023, 05:04 PM)Mitchabbots Wrote: Thanks guys, just ordered my RPi an hour ago. Let the fun begin!

Mitch

False start guys. Had a customer service manager contact me with apologies. Their stock management system couldn't keep up with demand.  Unfortunately, I've been put on another waiting list. Boo!  Dodgy

Mitch
(05-19-2023, 05:57 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: @the_bertrum  they're your legs centre at 0:18 ?   :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcL-9TX9WLg&t=21s

Could be, looks like a bench on Martinsell Hill that I've sat upon many a time. I've drunk plenty of beer in the pub at 0:22 though, The Royal Oak in Wooton Rivers, that's a definite.
----------------
Robert
(05-24-2023, 03:13 PM)Mitchabbots Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 05:04 PM)Mitchabbots Wrote: Thanks guys, just ordered my RPi an hour ago. Let the fun begin!

Mitch

False start guys. Had a customer service manager contact me with apologies. Their stock management system couldn't keep up with demand.  Unfortunately, I've been put on another waiting list. Boo!  Dodgy

Mitch
Denied!  As Wayne and Garth would say...
----------------
Robert