Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

No stats at bottom corner on desktop browser (firefox, Linux)
(08-23-2023, 08:32 PM)scotsmist Wrote: I was just maximizing the window and not using F11, so thanks for that information and the replies everyone.

Tim, I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon on a PC I built early last year (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor × 6; MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX M/B; ASUS GeForce GT 1030; older Acer 27" LCD using HDMI port)

Kent, I too used Mint Mate for years on my laptops and previous desktop (old Dell's from 1998/9 with upgraded SSD drives, PC was a home built Core 2 Quad setup). Funny old world. Never would have associated full screen without the Panels, just presumed maximizing the window would suffice. Forgetting more than I remember these days, old age, doesn't come on its own (58 this year, 28 as a software engineer, although I gave that up 10 years ago and am for the most part just a software user now).

Happy days, enjoy the rest of yours,

regards, Stuart.

What resolution are you running the Acer Display at?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-23-2023, 09:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 08:32 PM)scotsmist Wrote: I was just maximizing the window and not using F11, so thanks for that information and the replies everyone.

Tim, I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon on a PC I built early last year (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor × 6; MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX M/B; ASUS GeForce GT 1030; older Acer 27" LCD using HDMI port)

Kent, I too used Mint Mate for years on my laptops and previous desktop (old Dell's from 1998/9 with upgraded SSD drives, PC was a home built Core 2 Quad setup). Funny old world. Never would have associated full screen without the Panels, just presumed maximizing the window would suffice. Forgetting more than I remember these days, old age, doesn't come on its own (58 this year, 28 as a software engineer, although I gave that up 10 years ago and am for the most part just a software user now).

Happy days, enjoy the rest of yours,

regards, Stuart.

What resolution are you running the Acer Display at?

1920 x 1080, Tim
Ok, a bit confusing at first but yes with the Browser chrome showing, i.e., the top and bottom bars etc there is no guarantee that the viewport height will be sufficient to show the info below the cover art in lower left of Tag/Album view.

If the window can be maximized w/o the chrome showing as it apparently can be done via F11 on Linux Desktop, and similarly on my iMac Safari and Chrome do this automatically via a setting, then at least on a 1920 x 1080 display the viewport height will be sufficient to show the info.

As I've now learned many Laptop displays and older monitors are the odd 1366 x 768 resolution (google for why) and even a max window w/o chrome still truncates the info below the cover. The solution for this is a CSS media query that will automatically make the necessary adjustments.

I can sim the resolution and also I have an actual 27" monitor that I can use as a test. Look for a fix in upcoming 8.2.6 bugfix release that I should be able to get out the door still in Q3.
Enjoy the Music!
Thank you gladly Smile
(08-24-2023, 01:10 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok, a bit confusing at first ....
Sorry if my verbal description was confusing. I was away from the players and couldn't capture screen images. Sadly, I don't know* enough about GUI design to know what to call the various regions in a DE, browser, etc.
Quote:... The solution for this is a CSS media query that will automatically make the necessary adjustments.

I can sim the resolution and also I have an actual 27" monitor that I can use as a test. Look for a fix in upcoming 8.2.6 bugfix release that I should be able to get out the door still in Q3.

It will be interesting to see if building in a CSS media query solves this problem in the general case. I have a limited number of phones and tablets I can test with and each shows some idiosyncratic behavior depending on too many variables for me to want to chart---device, browser, orientation, full screen or not.

Besides the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't behavior of the text block containing the library stats, I notice the "Music Collection" text in the (tagview-text-cover?) icon appears at different sizes depending on the specifics of device, yada yada yada. Sometimes this leads to awkward word splitting. I've seen, for example

Music Collection

Music
Collection

Music
Collectio
n

Music
Collecti
on

Just saying Smile

Regards,
Kent

*more precisely, I've forgotten most of what I think I used to know.
Right, the text cover also would also need to be adjusted.
Enjoy the Music!