Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SMB File Sharing Moode Creates folder in USB drive named NAS
SMB File Sharing Moode Creates folder in USB drive named NAS I ticked the smb switch when I was having problems finding moode installed on a Raspberry Pi3
I have noticed in windows explorer well actually xplorer2 there is a folder named NAS inside the usb drive folder. Is this a duplicate of the USB root folder (\\Moode\ODrive (O_)) ? or is it just an index?
thank you
(01-21-2024, 10:16 AM)moodeuserhorsham Wrote: SMB File Sharing Moode Creates folder in USB drive named NAS I ticked the smb switch when I was having problems finding moode installed on a Raspberry Pi3
I have noticed in windows explorer well actually xplorer2 there is a folder named NAS inside the usb drive folder. Is this a duplicate of the USB root folder (\\Moode\ODrive (O_)) ? or is it just an index?
thank you

How is your shared folder set up in moOde?
What's the complete path of the shared folder you'd like to add to moOde?
(01-21-2024, 05:40 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 10:16 AM)moodeuserhorsham Wrote: SMB File Sharing Moode Creates folder in USB drive named NAS I ticked the smb switch when I was having problems finding moode installed on a Raspberry Pi3
thank you

How is your shared folder set up in moOde?
What's the complete path of the shared folder you'd like to add to moOde?

thank you I can access the USB drive in sources and play the music, my query is the smb folder a mirror 

The USB source in moode is \\MOODE\ODrive (O_)
looking in windows explorer I also see \\Moode\nas\Music which looks a duplicate directory.
I could unmount and plug into a computer but from experience I dont like to do that as remounting sometimes is a problem
I ATTACHED THE DRIVE TO A COMPUTER THERE IS ONLY ONE SET OF FILES.
I have no idea why you might be seeing a phantom "NAS" subdirectory in your share as viewed in  xplorer2.

Nothing like that has ever appeared in my tests looking at moOde shares with Win10 Pro and its built-in File Explorer.

To follow on to @Nutul's question, show us the output you get when you enter the command lsblk -fs from the moOde command line (either via moOde's SSH Terminal, found in moOde's System config screen,  or via ssh from another computer)

As an example, here's the output from one of my players with one USB thumbdrive mounted which has the FAT32 volume label "KAR01". It's been mounted in moOde's filesystem as /media/KAR01

Code:
NAME      FSTYPE FSVER LABEL  UUID                                 FSAVAIL FSUSE% MOUNTPOINT
sda1      vfat   FAT32 KAR01  B094-1FB2                               6.8G     9% /media/KAR01
└─sda                                                                            
mmcblk0p1 vfat   FAT32 boot   3393-CDE0                             221.6M    12% /boot
└─mmcblk0                                                                        
mmcblk0p2 ext4   1.0   rootfs 485d67c4-ba74-43d5-a206-a19d9ecec0b9   10.4G    23% /

The SMB share served on my LAN  is \\sunroom\KAR01 and browsing it using the Windows File Explorer shows exactly the contents of it with nothing added.

Regards,
Kent
(01-24-2024, 05:34 PM)moodeuserhorsham Wrote: I ATTACHED THE DRIVE TO A COMPUTER THERE IS ONLY ONE SET OF FILES.

First rule of the neighbor: don't shout.

Then, what is the end result you may want to tell us?

Remember, if you enable SMB shares in moOde, then you may not want to also create a source in it, pointing to the shared folder...
Is it this you are talking about? Or is it all OK now?

I'm telling, because it's almost 10 years moOde shares its folders and connects to shared ones on the LAN with no problem; and I find it unusual that you are experiencing problems; I am more keen to a) you may be setting things up ina an incorrect way, or b) you may not know how SMB works.
lol, I wouldn't say there are "no problems" in fact file sharing is a top problem area for many users. it's mainly because its is still not easy in 2024 especially when trying to share files between Linux/Mac/Win. It requires way too much technical knowledge to hook things together.

In any case Im having a hard time understanding the OP's config.

@moodeuserhorsham to help troubleshoot, reboot the Pi and post the following.

1. Contents of the Startup log
Download it via the Log section of System Config

2. Screen shot of Music Source Config
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-24-2024, 11:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, I wouldn't say there are "no problems"

You do not want to ignore all my attempts at applied psychoanalysis, do you?  Wink
(01-24-2024, 11:46 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 11:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: lol, I wouldn't say there are "no problems"

You do not want to ignore all my attempts at applied psychoanalysis, do you?  Wink

LOL, no more mind probes!
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-24-2024, 11:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 11:46 PM)Nutul Wrote:

LOL, no more mind probes!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)