Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
I have same issue with error 500.

I just turned on Raspberry Pi4b 2gb ram, and then i go to settings, library, and after click on audio settings i had error 500. I don't change any settings before. After that i go back to now playing screen, then i again enter to audio settings and it works, but when i click at the top of screen for other setting i still get error 500 sometimes. It looks like it can't handle multiple operations at the same time.

But when i enter in browser this address the settings is coming up, but can't enter to system settings via UI.

http://192.168.0.15/sys-config.php

If you want i could provide logs.
(04-21-2024, 11:28 AM)popeye65 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: For the "blank System Config page" issue, is there an error displayed in the Browser?

some times a "500-server error" or similar, often blank. Doing some more tests now, watching the journal and logs. OK I found something. On many pages, at least sys-config.php, answers are required in empty fields, eg in sysconfig.php, line 462:

$ipAddrParts = explode('.', $_SESSION['ipaddress']);

2024/04/19 23:03:40 [error] 741#741: *199 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /var/www/sys-config.php:462
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/sys-config.php(462): explode()
#1 {main}
 thrown in /var/www/sys-config.php on line 462" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.126, server: , request: "GET /sys-config.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm.sock:", host: "stealth", referrer: "http://stealth/spo-config.php"

my recommendation : if NFS is OFF, do not try to read the IP field.

if $_SESSION['ipaddress'] is an array, it means only one thing to me: you have the wi-fi ON and it gets an IP address, together with a wired connection, which of course gets another IP address...
(04-21-2024, 11:28 AM)popeye65 Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: For the "blank System Config page" issue, is there an error displayed in the Browser?

some times a "500-server error" or similar, often blank. Doing some more tests now, watching the journal and logs. OK I found something. On many pages, at least sys-config.php, answers are required in empty fields, eg in sysconfig.php, line 462:

$ipAddrParts = explode('.', $_SESSION['ipaddress']);

2024/04/19 23:03:40 [error] 741#741: *199 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /var/www/sys-config.php:462
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/sys-config.php(462): explode()
#1 {main}
 thrown in /var/www/sys-config.php on line 462" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.126, server: , request: "GET /sys-config.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm.sock:", host: "stealth", referrer: "http://stealth/spo-config.php"

my recommendation : if NFS is OFF, do not try to read the IP field.

That session var should always contain an ip address or '0.0.0.0' if no ip address was assigned. It's set by worker.php during startup and is shown in the startup log.

moodeutl -l

You could also check to see if worker has crashed.

pgrep worker.php
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-21-2024, 06:05 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 05:44 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hi all,
I encountered a difficulty configuring the network (static addresses). After entering the parameters for both the etho and wlan0 interfaces, I, as usual, rebooted the system: the addresses do not change but the new parameters remain set; I also tried turning the system off and on again but the result doesn't change. It appears that the files "/etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0" and "/etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0" are not created.
Do you think it could be a bug or did I do something wrong?
Thank you and best regards,
Francesco

Haven't tried static addressing so can't say if there's a bug 

However, moOde 9 is based on RaspiOS Bookworm. This release uses Network Manager which is different from the old management scheme.

I'm out ATM. Can comment in more detail later.

Regards,
Kent

@fdealexa 
@Tim Curtis

I can confirm that setting a static address works in moOde 8.3.9 but it doesn't work in moOde 9.0.0~pre4. The data I enter in the WebUI is correctly stored to the moOde Sqlite3 database so I'm assuming something got lost in recent code refactoring.

As it happens, I tried this in a ~pre4 player which already had been configured for DHCP address assignment. When I set static addresses and new DNSes (for Ethernet and Wireless interfaces) and rebooted, moodeutl -l reports a curiosity. Worker reports the methods are now static but all the addresses are the old DHCP assignments.

I haven't tried to walk the relevant code.

Regards,
Kent
(04-22-2024, 12:39 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
I encountered a difficulty configuring the network (static addresses). After entering the parameters for both the etho and wlan0 interfaces, I, as usual, rebooted the system: the addresses do not change but the new parameters remain set; I also tried turning the system off and on again but the result doesn't change. It appears that the files "/etc/network/interfaces.d/eth0" and "/etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0" are not created.
Francesco

However, moOde 9 is based on RaspiOS Bookworm. This release uses Network Manager which is different from the old management scheme.

Regards,
Kent

@fdealexa 
@Tim Curtis

I can confirm that setting a static address works in moOde 8.3.9 but it doesn't work in moOde 9.0.0~pre4. The data I enter in the WebUI is correctly stored to the moOde Sqlite3 database so I'm assuming something got lost in recent code refactoring.

As it happens, I tried this in a ~pre4 player which already had been configured for DHCP address assignment. When I set static addresses and new DNSes (for Ethernet and Wireless interfaces) and rebooted, moodeutl -l reports a curiosity. Worker reports the methods are now static  but all the addresses  are the old DHCP assignments.

Regards,
Kent

I'll have a look. Prolly not yet handled in the code and new NM way of doing things.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-22-2024, 02:15 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 12:39 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Francesco

Regards,
Kent

@fdealexa 
@Tim Curtis

As it happens, I tried this in a ~pre4 player which already had been configured for DHCP address assignment. When I set static addresses and new DNSes (for Ethernet and Wireless interfaces) and rebooted, moodeutl -l reports a curiosity. Worker reports the methods are now static  but all the addresses  are the old DHCP assignments.

Regards,
Kent

I'll have a look. Prolly not yet handled in the code and new NM way of doing things.

Thanks a lot to all of you.
Best regards,
Francesco
Just an FYI that ~pre5 is in the works for this week and will contain some fixes:

- Fix "Can't set Volume type to Fixed 0dB (HDMI)"
- Fix "Can't open audio device (HDMI) on < Pi4"
- Fix "Local display fails on < Pi4"
- Fix "ALSA volume not reset correctly when changing from software to hardware volume (HDMI)"

The usual WARNING with these pre-release code drops - the code may not be stable and things like 100% volume could be erroneously configured so always have a downstream volume control set to low level when testing!!
Enjoy the Music!
(04-11-2024, 08:51 PM)Topman44 Wrote: After a few reboots it's loading up now ?

Well it was until I turned the wifi off now it won't load

(04-21-2024, 12:56 PM)Patolog1964 Wrote: I made a new installation on PI5 on purpose. I confirm that the system page disappears when the wifi is turned off.

That Is what I was getting back on post #72, So I just leave the wifi on been ok since 
From ~pre1 and onwards the system page doesn't load.
Raspberry Pi5/8GB.
(03-29-2024, 04:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @nullstring there's a reasonably stable ~pre2 package in the repo if you want to try it out.

Code:
1. Boot a Bookworm Lite image
2. sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
3. sudo apt -y upgrade
4. sudo reboot

5 Install links to Cloudsmith repo
curl -1sLf \
'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/setup.deb.sh' \
| sudo -E distro=raspbian codename=bookworm bash

6. sudo apt -y install moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre2
7. sudo reboot

After installing the package and rebooting, the system will auto-reboot again after importing the managed config.txt file

Is this the correct steps for installing pre-9.0 on a Pi5?