Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
ok kinda forgot about that, in this rpi was using the snd_bcm2835 and many config.txt lines in moode 8.3.9...
~~
I just gave it a try with the VC4 kms driver and it works ok (after disabling the default and targeting the "hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0:" in camilladsp).
I've got no hdmi receiver around to debug more the multichannel. This is a HAT without display etc.
Here I am doing a 3 way stereo active crossover with cdsp and everything seems and sounds fine.
The different formats and sample rates are still played fine. The output is IEC958.
Code:
at /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: IEC958_SUBFRAME_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 8
rate: 48000 (48000/1)
period_size: 512
buffer_size: 4096

sadly I can confirm that on underruns the HDMI channels get swapped (tried only speaker-test), as mentioned in this thread, but let's talk about it there since have more specific questions and don't want to spam this thread...

I also have an issue with missing thumbs,  the thumb generator stopping after a few albums, nothing in any log but will check if there's a way to set it more verbose somewhere.
Pi4 1gb - Moode 8.3.9
Suptronics X6000 7.1ch HDMI hat
~pre6 installed from image on 5 Pis: 3A+, 3B+, 4B, 5B, and Zero 2W. All communicating over my LAN via WiFi, some on 2.4GHz band, some on 5GHz. There's also one moOde 8.3.9 player on the LAN for comparison

I'm still exploring the player detection code in the php modules. 

The m>Players command in the WebUI on each player doesn't always return all of the neighboring players. Sometimes one or two are missing, sometimes more, and not always the same on all players. This despite every player's /tmp/mpd_nmap.scan file containing proper entries for all the players after I've done a first scan. Usually I'll get all players returned in the WebUI at some point but not necessarily again later.

There's a similar effect, although perhaps not as severe, with the discovery of receivers on the multiroom configuration screen. In this case, however, for any missing players I see corresponding timeout errors in the moOde log if debug logging is enabled (e.g., "get_rx_status failed").

I just got back from a road trip to see my grandson graduate from Virginia Tech (yay, three grandkids down; one to go) and haven't had time to think this problem through. I haven't even tried, for example, to correlate the failures in the two searches. It looks, though, like I may have to plant some additional debugging statements.

Obvious confounding influences include differing numbers of cores and clock speeds, different networking subsystems, and higher congestion in 2.4GHz band. Sadly, I don't have any spare ports on my Ethernet switch to see if any difference shows up between wired and wifi connections.

Regards,
Kent
I just began testing multiroom today and there are some bugs :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello there, I am new here. I have been using RoPieee before, because I dare pay good money for Roon and I like the features of Roon Bridge.
But this time, I thought I would give moOde a try as I have heard very good things about it.

I bought a RPi 5 and a small touch display.

I went ahead and installed the pre6 release posted above.

Everything went very well. This is a 100% set-up, so I expected some degree of trouble, but none were to be had.

I then proceeded to install Roon Bridge and that was trouble-free as well. The only thing I noticed is that that are 2 sections in the Renderer panel: 1) One says something that sounds like "we have no control over Roon Bridge; contact the maker to configure it", and, 2) Another section that includes controls to enable Roon Bridge and configure a couple of things. I don't know if that's intentional or not.

I have not tested the Roon Bridge functionality with a DAC yet, but I can already say it works fine with the touch display.

I'll report further when I finish this project later today or tomorrow.
The message is "This component is provided by the manufacturer. Visit their website for installation instructions."

Its just a statement or reminder but if the wording can be improved don't hesitate to post.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-11-2024, 05:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The message is "This component is provided by the manufacturer. Visit their website for installation instructions."

Its just a statement or reminder but if the wording can be improved don't hesitate to post.

Hi Tim,

I think the message is absolutely fine, but I would probably put it under the same heading that introduces the toggle for the Roon Bridge, instead of its pwn section and heading.

Small detail really, but my ADD tricked me and at first I only noticed the section that contained the message. I SSH'ed into the pi and tried to find a way to configure the bridge. It was fun in its own way.

Thanks for all the work you have put into moOde, Tim!
(05-08-2024, 07:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Download ISO image
https://moodeaudio.org/test/image_2024-0...4-lite.zip

Pi5
unzipped image_2024-05-08-moode-r900~pre6-arm64-lite.zip
used the official Raspberry Pi imager to burn the iso to the SD card.
-- followed the setup instructions here:  https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

boot the Pi, input the password, and it loads into a command prompt. 
rebooted.
again, command prompt.

I can see the Pi on the network, but nothing happens when I try to access it via IP.
also, I'm not seeing a Moode ssid.

- SSID          Moode
- Password    As set in Network Config screen
- URL           http://moode.local | http://172.24.1.1

Did I miss something?
(05-11-2024, 11:28 PM)PieFive Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 07:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Download ISO image
https://moodeaudio.org/test/image_2024-0...4-lite.zip

Pi5
unzipped image_2024-05-08-moode-r900~pre6-arm64-lite.zip
used the official Raspberry Pi imager to burn the iso to the SD card.
-- followed the setup instructions here:  https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

boot the Pi, input the password, and it loads into a command prompt. 
rebooted.
again, command prompt.

I can see the Pi on the network, but nothing happens when I try to access it via IP.
also, I'm not seeing a Moode ssid.

- SSID           Moode
- Password    As set in Network Config screen
- URL           http://moode.local | http://172.24.1.1

Did I miss something?

I don't understand this statement "boot the Pi, input the password, and it loads into a command prompt" 

but from the Setup Guide (below). There are no embedded userid's or passwords in the moode image. This improves the security of the image and is a benefit to everyone.

MOODE OS IMAGE

For improved security the OS image does not contain a userid, WiFi SSID or
Hotspot password, and Secure Shell (SSH) access is disabled.

1. REQUIRED: The official Raspberry Pi Imager is required to enable SSH,
  create a userid and password and optionally set the host name and WiFi SSID
  and password. If a host name is not set in the Imager then the default
  host name "moode" will be used.

2. REQUIRED: Userid, password and SSH are required otherwise moOde will not
  function correctly. When enabling SSH, select "Use password authentication"
  which means the password specified for the userid is to be used.

3. REQUIRED: A Hotspot password is required and is set after first boot
  in the Network Configuration screen. This allows moOde to still be accessable
  if it cannot connect to Ethernet or any configured WiFi SSID's.
Enjoy the Music!
Sounds to me like the OP is running his Pi connected to a local keyboard and display. Once moOde finishes booting, the display will show the usual Linux login prompt.

What he apparently missed is the fact that moOde is a headless player whose user interface is the WebUI which is accessed via a web browser.

Regards,
Kent
I can confirm that it works just fine with a DAC connected to the RPi5.