Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
Improvement of the proportions between textual elements and graphic objects on configuration screens is required when displaying an image on a 4K (2160p) resolution screen. Additionally, the layout of elements on such a screen needs adjustment. The issue of mismatched proportions between text and graphics is independent of font size selection in Preferences. To a lesser extent, this problem affects the display of the Preferences screen itself, while other elements such as library content, the current playlist, etc., are displayed correctly.

System menu, Normal font:

System menu, Larger font:

Bluetooth menu, Larger font:

The above images demonstrate that graphical controls are significantly smaller compared to the size of their text labels. Additionally, the widths of the labels are too narrow.

Preferences menu, Larger font:

On graphical controls, the font size is too large compared to the labels of these controls.

Library, Larger font:

Correct proportions of graphical elements and text fields.

The above pertains to LocalGUI, as displayed on a 42-inch 4K resolution television screen. In version 8.3x, the solution was to enforce Full HD resolution (1080p) along with aspect ratio adjustment to ensure that the displayed image covers the entire television screen.
(05-13-2024, 07:05 AM)STUDI Wrote: Improvement of the proportions between textual elements and graphic objects on configuration screens is required when displaying an image on a 4K (2160p) resolution screen. Additionally, the layout of elements on such a screen needs adjustment. The issue of mismatched proportions between text and graphics is independent of font size selection in Preferences. To a lesser extent, this problem affects the display of the Preferences screen itself, while other elements such as library content, the current playlist, etc., are displayed correctly.

System menu, Normal font:

System menu, Larger font:

Bluetooth menu, Larger font:

The above images demonstrate that graphical controls are significantly smaller compared to the size of their text labels. Additionally, the widths of the labels are too narrow.

Preferences menu, Larger font:

On graphical controls, the font size is too large compared to the labels of these controls.

Library, Larger font:

Correct proportions of graphical elements and text fields.

The above pertains to LocalGUI, as displayed on a 42-inch 4K resolution television screen. In version 8.3x, the solution was to enforce Full HD resolution (1080p) along with aspect ratio adjustment to ensure that the displayed image covers the entire television screen.

This is caused by the ancient bootstrap.css code used in the 2013 tsunamp project that moode is based on. Bootstrap was all pixel based which is not really "responsive" wrt layout. I've done some work toward converting the config elements to em but the rest will take time. Maybe another dev will take an interest in doing this :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-08-2024, 07:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Moode image pre6 and moode-player installable package are available for testing. The pre images are hosted at moodeaudio.org (not GitHub) and download times may be long due to limited bandwidth for my hosting plan.

Pre6 contains the following new or updated features:

1. Bump to upmpdcli 1.8.10 including tidal plugin
2. Some minor WebUI style and ease of use improvements

Upmpdcli tidal plugin
Here are the links that describe the plugin for those of you with tidal subscriptions that want to help test it out. If it works then I'll be happy to make a config page to enter the credentials. For testing though you will have to enter the credentials directly into /etc/upmpdcli.conf.
https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...-STR-TIDAL
https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...#tidaluser
https://github.com/tamland/python-tidal

Download ISO image
https://moodeaudio.org/test/image_2024-0...4-lite.zip

or install on fresh Bookworm Lite
Code:
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////
#
# Install moode-player on Bookworm Lite
#
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. Boot a Bookworm Lite image
sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
sudo apt -y upgrade
sudo reboot

2. Install links to moode Cloudsmith repo
curl -1sLf \
'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/setup.deb.sh' \
| sudo -E distro=raspbian codename=bookworm bash

3. Install moode-player package
sudo apt -y install moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre6
sudo reboot

WIP release notes
Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2024-MM-DD moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Switch audio output (HDMI, Headphone, I2S, USB) without reboot
- NEW: HDMI/IEC958 audio format including multichannel
- NEW: WiFi Hotspot (2.4 GHz WiFi bridged to Ethernet if present)
- NEW: Option to reduce Pi-5 shutdown wattage to .01W
- NEW: Option to enable Pi-5 PCI express bus (gen2 or gen3)
- NEW: Option to enable 4K 60Hz for Pi-4 local display

Updates

- UPD: Bump to Linux kernel 6.6.28
- UPD: Bump to alsa-cdsp 1.2.0-1moode2
- UPD: Bump to upmpdcli 1.8.10
- UPD: Improve Bluetooth (add volume and pin options)
- UPD: Improve multiroom command response
- UPD: Improve SMB protocol detection
- UPD: Improve radio station edit/delete
- UPD: Improve notification messages
- UPD: Improve setup guides and quick help
- UPD: Add autoclick for dropdown controls on the configs
- UPD: Add "Show items" option to One-touch playlist
- UPD: Add "Queue info" to ellipsis menu (stats + saved playlist name)
- UPD: Add Pull-up/down option for each pin in GPIO Config
- UPD: Add Spotify and Amazon Music to Prefs Search sites
- UPD: Add window-size (randomness) option for auto-shuffle
- UPD: Add restart_renderer REST command
- UPD: Remove HDMI On/Off option (not valid on Bookworm)
- UPD: Remove redundant or obsolete devices from audio device table
- UPD: Allow any netmask to be entered for static IP address
- UPD: Saved SSID's appear for selection in the main SSID dropdown
- UPD: Prevent comma when entering a new station name
- UPD: Add missing settings to Backup/Restore

Bug fixes

- FIX: MusicBrainz date format (with hyphens) not being parsed
- FIX: RoonBridge restart and disconnect not working correctly

Radio stations

- UPD: ArtSound FM 92.7
- UPD: JB Radio2 (320K)
- UPD: Kanal K
- UPD: Venice Classic Radio Italia
- UPD: WCRB Boston 99.5 - Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Baroque
- DEL: Audiophile Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Jazz
- DEL: Audiophile Lounge
- DEL: Audiophile Rock-Blues
- DEL: FluxFM - Hot R&B
- DEL: FluxFM - Pop Radio
- DEL: Soma FM - BAGeL Radio
- DEL: Swedish Classic Radio
- DEL: WRPI 91.5 FM Troy
- DEL: Eirewave

Has anyone tested (or planning to test) the UPnP tidal plugin?
Enjoy the Music!
I haven't but I can. Give me an hourSmile
OK, so it took more than an hour.

Re upmpdcli/TIDAL - I now have it working against mconnectLite on my iPad.

FIrst hurdle - tried to install the Python module

Code:
rho@m900pre6c:~ $ sudo python -m pip install tidalapi==0.7.6
error: externally-managed-environment

× This environment is externally managed
╰─> To install Python packages system-wide, try apt install
   python3-xyz, where xyz is the package you are trying to
   install.

If you wish to install a non-Debian-packaged Python package,
   create a virtual environment using python3 -m venv path/to/venv.
   Then use path/to/venv/bin/python and path/to/venv/bin/pip. Make
   sure you have python3-full installed.

For more information visit http://rptl.io/venv

note: If you believe this is a mistake, please contact your Python installation or OS distribution provider. You can override this, at the risk of breaking your Python installation or OS, by passing --break-system-packages.
hint: See PEP 668 for the detailed specification.

So I rook the bull-in-the-china-shop approach and passed the --break-system-packages option on the second try. Seems to have installed the package but again I get warnings of possible breakage and suggestion to use a virtual environment.

Second hurdle - grabbing the necessary credentials and stuffing them in upmpdcli.conf

Oof, the first method looks laborious but would be useful, IMO, because you can see explicitly what you're doing (and see caveat, below).

I chose, instead, to follow Jean-Francois's "Alternatively, for OATH2 mode..." method. 

Opened a terminal on the moOde player (m900pre6c) and ran journalctl -f to watch the messages. Started mconnectLite on the iPad. Chose the m900pre6c UPnP mediaserver and player in Browser and Play to, respectively. Browsed down to the Tidal folder. Up pops the following upmpdcli messages in the journal (sans the May 13 11:50:15 m900pre6c upmpdcli[4927]: preface to each message)

Code:
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: Tidal Plugin Release 0.3.0
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: enable_read_stream_metadata=[False]
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: enable_assume_bitdepth=[True]
tidal: getcachedir: me: upmpdcli
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: Cache dir for [tidal] is [/var/cache/upmpdcli/tidal]
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: DB version for [tidal] is [12]
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: browse: path: ----
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: browse: path_list: --['0$tidal$']-- last: --0$tidal$--
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: Loading credentials ...
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: get_credentials_from_config_or_files pkce file is not available
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: File /var/cache/upmpdcli/tidal/credentials.json not found
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: File /var/cache/upmpdcli/tidal/pkce.credentials.json not found
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: PKCE credentials not statically available
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: OAUTH2 credentials not statically available
CMDTALK: tidal-app.py: Visit https://link.tidal.com/XXXXX to log in, the code will expire in 300 seconds

Here I've obscured the actual 5-character code in the link.

Immediately opened the link on a web browser on my laptop, logged into the app with my TIDAL credentials, and got a message back in the browser that my device had been successfully linked to my accound.

Back to mconnectLite. The TIDAL folder is now fully populated and I'm listening to The Poll Winners: Barney Kessel with Shelly Manne and Ray Brown, a jazz album I cherished back when I was a teenager. The moOde player seems a little slow to respond when I start a    track but it's now playing and the WebUI is displaying the coverart and track info. Seems to display only the currently playing track and not the album track list but I haven't delved very deeply.

Caveat: The method I chose creates OATH2 credentials, whiich limits access to 24bit/48KHz files (which is fine for me at this stage in my life!). To create PKCE credentials instead, and hence be able to access 24bit/192KHz files, requires using the first method with extra steps. It's all explained in the referenced documentation.

Regards,
Kent

ETA -

1. I'm not sure it was needed using the second authentication method, but I thought I had seen a note somewhere that I had to uncomment the line #tidaluser = tidal in upmpdcli.conf in order for the plugin to start, so I did before I did anything else. When I get the chance, I'll repeat the process on another player without this initial step.

2. Using the second method results in the authentication credentials being stored in /var/cache/upmpdcli/tidal/credentials.json
rather than in upmpdcli.conf.
camilladsp works with tidal so we can use 4 chanells etc? thanks!
Re: upmpdcli/TIDAL

Part two.

It seems that the interface is working only partially. Apparently, the Poll Winners album was left in the My Albums folder of my account from a previous TIDAL subscription (I re-subscribed today after a two-year hiatus).

When I try to explore the Categories folder, I get a "Service login or communication failure" message in mconnectLite and I see a bunch of error messages thrown to the Pi's journal.

Similar problems for all categories which aren't of the "My ..." variery.

Not sure what's going on here but I'll see what I can suss out. 

Regards,
Kent
[sorry, wrong thread]
Re; upmpdcli/TIDAL

Part Three.

FYI - I've opened a new issue on the python-tidall repo concerning the failure to open the Categories folder in any Control Point app.

Regards,
Kent
Wow that tidal plugin is kind of messy. Can you post the credentials.json file just so I know what it looks like, and do I understand correctly that the creds only get written to this file for OAUTH2 but for PKCE they need to be placed in upmpdcli.conf?
Enjoy the Music!