Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Making your Pi Read-Only
(05-22-2024, 06:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: As far as I-O stress goes I should mention that my 6 systems get completely I-O hammered  during a development cycle with daily software reloads, re-imaging, rebooting and power cycling. I'd bet prolly 10000 times more SD Card writes than a typical non-dev system.

If you want the kind of reliability and stability in SD Card storage that I've experienced then get Surveillance-grade cards like the WD Purple QD101. Don't skimp on this component!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088CD4Z1Z?ref...tails&th=1

Thank you very much, Tim.

I’ve made me a note with this and it seems i should be more than extremely unlucky to experience any issues, my intended use taken in consideration.

Kind regards
Rock
100% Linux noob (Linexia?) - Promoted, by Tim, to ‘not noob’ ‘novice’, with a single vote from Robert.
look forward am slightly nervous about what triggers the ‘dangerous’ promotion.
Proclaimed to ‘tinkerer status’ by Kent.
Almost anything is possible. It’s the subjective sum of the variables price, time and entertainment that determines whether it’s worth it or not.
Speaking not as a performer but as the former tech director for 4 years of my grandkids' high school theater productions, there's nothing like a live performance to find out how likely some "extremely rare" thing could happen.  Murphy seems to love an audience.

"Hope for the best but plan for the worst" was our motto. Smile 

Regards,
Kent
Yes Murphy's Law, the most important natural law in Physics.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Oh that damn Murphy… yup, sure seems to favourize attention-grabbing situations…

Going with that motto will sure handle some less desireable situations Kent, I have, for example, a spare bass head if Murphy messes with my old Hartke head.

Kind regards
Rock
100% Linux noob (Linexia?) - Promoted, by Tim, to ‘not noob’ ‘novice’, with a single vote from Robert.
look forward am slightly nervous about what triggers the ‘dangerous’ promotion.
Proclaimed to ‘tinkerer status’ by Kent.
Almost anything is possible. It’s the subjective sum of the variables price, time and entertainment that determines whether it’s worth it or not.
(05-22-2024, 08:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Speaking not as a performer but as the former tech director for 4 years of my grandkids' high school theater productions, there's nothing like a live performance to find out how likely some "extremely rare" thing could happen.  Murphy seems to love an audience.

Regards,
Kent

"Hope for the best but plan for the worst and carry a big stick" was my mentors phrase... (also known as 'percussive maintenance' )

Especially for inanimate contrary mechanical devices. 
This is my favourite applied instance ever...(you will know it well Kent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n77eoOfRPE
----------
bob
(05-23-2024, 05:42 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(05-22-2024, 08:13 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Speaking not as a performer but as the former tech director for 4 years of my grandkids' high school theater productions, there's nothing like a live performance to find out how likely some "extremely rare" thing could happen.  Murphy seems to love an audience.

Regards,
Kent

"Hope for the best but plan for the worst and carry a big stick" was my mentors phrase... (also known as 'percussive maintenance' )

Especially for inanimate contrary mechanical devices. 
This is my favourite applied instance ever...(you will know it well Kent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n77eoOfRPE

Classic Basil!

Thanks for the link.

Regards,
Kent