Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 project
One test to try is to put some tracks in the Queue, start the first track playing and then let MPD automatically transition to each subsequent track. AFAIK MPD keeps the audio output open continuously under these circumstances and there should not be any glitches.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Anybody an idea? I am missing the trebles on my ProtoDac, have Rpi3, pure pi, FifoQ7 installed, especially on spotify i am missing the trebles, with airplay it is better. Proto DAC becomes the 5V directly from the pure Pi.
(08-10-2024, 06:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: One test to try is to put some tracks in the Queue, start the first track playing and then let MPD automatically transition to each subsequent track. AFAIK MPD keeps the audio output open continuously under these circumstances and there should not be any glitches.

I am wondering, that via airplay, for example some high end test samples on youtube, the trebles are present, on  the spotify connection, i am missing the trebles.
(08-13-2024, 09:07 AM)Alexus Wrote: Anybody an idea? I am missing the trebles on my ProtoDac, have Rpi3, pure pi, FifoQ7 installed, especially on spotify i am missing the trebles, with airplay it is better. Proto DAC becomes the 5V directly from the pure Pi.

Is this with a regular Spotify account or Spotify Premium? Are the files lossless? What is the bitrate?
Hardware: RPi Zero W | Allo Kali | ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 | PGA2311 | Icepower 500ASP | Harbeth SHL5
Software: Moode 8.3.3
Source: Win 10 NAS
(08-10-2024, 06:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: One test to try is to put some tracks in the Queue, start the first track playing and then let MPD automatically transition to each subsequent track. AFAIK MPD keeps the audio output open continuously under these circumstances and there should not be any glitches.

Tim - I did try your queuing suggestion for which thanks . . . but I'm still get a varying selection of clicks occurring (some pronounced, others quieter) across the queue listing, but not in any noticeable pattern

Mark - new module purchased and installed - still getting the fairly frequently occurring click on track start either (i) as per Tim's queuing suggestion above, or (ii) playing tracks straight from an album.  Continuation of the issue with new module tends to suggests the module is not the cause.  Anything else on the DAC board - component-wise - I should be looking at or testing?

Let me know

Best, Simon P
(08-17-2024, 06:45 PM)springle19 Wrote:

Tim - I did try your  queuing suggestion for which thanks . . . but I'm still get a varying selection of clicks occurring  (some pronounced, others quieter) across the queue listing, but not in any noticeable pattern

Mark - new module purchased and installed - still getting the  fairly frequently occurring click on track start  either (i) as per Tim's queuing suggestion above, or  (ii) playing tracks straight from an album.  Continuation of the issue with new module tends to suggests the module is not the cause.  Anything else on the DAC board - component-wise -  I should be looking at or testing?

Let me know

Best, Simon P

No problem with the DAC board other than the module. Maybe something in the component chain. For example, a very sensitive preamp? Try software volume or CamillaDSP volume control and go directly to the power amp.
Hardware: RPi Zero W | Allo Kali | ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8 | PGA2311 | Icepower 500ASP | Harbeth SHL5
(08-17-2024, 07:04 PM)hifinet Wrote:

Tim - I did try your  queuing suggestion for which thanks . . . but I'm still get a varying selection of clicks occurring  (some pronounced, others quieter) across the queue listing, but not in any noticeable pattern

Mark - new module purchased and installed - still getting the  fairly frequently occurring click on track start  either (i) as per Tim's queuing suggestion above, or  (ii) playing tracks straight from an album.  Continuation of the issue with new module tends to suggests the module is not the cause.  Anything else on the DAC board - component-wise -  I should be looking at or testing?

Let me know

Best, Simon P

No problem with the DAC board other than the module. Maybe something in the component chain. For example, a very sensitive preamp? Try software volume or CamillaDSP volume control and go directly to the power amp.
(08-17-2024, 07:20 PM)springle19 Wrote:

Let me know

Best, Simon P

Mark - re Camilla DSP, under File Management I have V2-ProtoDac selected from the dropdown menu - correct ??- but at the top of the Configuration page under Signal Processing, the drop down menu is not showing/open for me.  Am I missing something obvious?

Separately, is a dry solder joint on the module a possible explanantion?

Simon P
Sorry, I am not familiar with CamillaDSP.

A dry solder joint might cause problems. Inspect the solder joints with a magnifier. The most common problem joints are the ones connected to the grounds, since they need a lot of extra heat to get the solder to adhere properly to the pad. Use an alligator clip as heatsink to protect the TX2575 leads.

[Image: 53540323122_cd8d1f02ae_w.jpg]
(08-17-2024, 07:27 PM)springle19 Wrote:
(08-17-2024, 07:20 PM)springle19 Wrote:

Let me know

Best, Simon P

Mark - re Camilla DSP, under File Management I have V2-ProtoDac selected from the dropdown menu - correct ??- but at the top of the Configuration page under Signal Processing, the drop down menu is not showing/open for me.  Am I missing something obvious?

Separately, is a dry solder joint on the module a possible explanantion?

Simon P

With Camilla the config is selected in the "Signal processing" dropdown on the CamillaDSP Config screen. Then SAVE.

You can also set this to "Off" and instead turn on ALSA Polarity Inversion. This setting is in the MPD section on the Audio Config screen.

For troubleshooting though I would leave both CamillaDSP and ALSA Polarity Inversion set to Off.

Also,
1. Do you get any glitches during Radio Station playback?
2. What model Raspberry Pi?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub