Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Solved: Playlist jumps back to playing entry after a few seconds when stop scrolling
(09-07-2024, 11:57 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro that issue. When I scroll to the end of a long Queue it just sits there until metadata for the currently playing item changes, then the Queue is automatically scrolled to make that item visible.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. This is a feature I never found useful. I look for the waveform icon when I want to know what's currently playing in a long queue.

Playing tracks from my library, the focusing behavior you describe occurs reasonably infrequently [on the order of minutes] so it isn't annoying to me but I could live without it all together.

Since the easy work-around is simply to pause an badly behaving station when I get the urge to scroll through the queue, I'm not going to lose any sleep if no code changes are done,

Just my two cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
(09-10-2024, 07:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 07:18 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: I replaced a Naim NDX streamer by moOde. In the Naim app, you've separate entries for all different sources, like iRadio (vTuner), UPnP, Tidal, etc. Under the iRadio tab, you've your radio presets.
The closest I can get to this with moOde, is to put the radio stations in a playlist.

You can also mark stations as "Favorite" in the Edit Station screen and then set "Group by" in Radio Manager to  "Favorites first"

Then when you switch to Radio view the favs will appear at the top.

That's already a step forward. But with this approach, the radio station list is still cluttered with a zillion of stations I'll never listen to.
How can I do a "bulk" delete of stations I don't listen to, instead of doing it one by one?
(09-11-2024, 02:25 PM)kurt1970 Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 07:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 07:18 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: I replaced a Naim NDX streamer by moOde. In the Naim app, you've separate entries for all different sources, like iRadio (vTuner), UPnP, Tidal, etc. Under the iRadio tab, you've your radio presets.
The closest I can get to this with moOde, is to put the radio stations in a playlist.

You can also mark stations as "Favorite" in the Edit Station screen and then set "Group by" in Radio Manager to  "Favorites first"

Then when you switch to Radio view the favs will appear at the top.

That's already a step forward. But with this approach, the radio station list is still cluttered with a zillion of stations I'll never listen to.
How can I do a "bulk" delete of stations I don't listen to, instead of doing it one by one?

Once you have marked your favourites, go to the radio settings and "Show/Hide" section hide all moOde stations.  You are left with only your favs.
----------------
Robert
Ok. Got there and this may do it. But... I believe I came across a bug.

When selecting "hide all" by "moode stations", it does what it shoukd do, save it, but, when doing it again it mentions "no action", whille this is not the saved state....

In addition, it looks like I use 5 stations in my playlist from the predefined moOde stations, as they don't show up anymore... So, now, I've to figure out which ones, and redefne them manually... Ok it works, but...
Those Radio Manager settings are "one-shot" actions. They perform the selected action then revert to the default "No action". it's a bit confusing but it's normal ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-11-2024, 06:46 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: Ok. Got there and this may do it. But... I believe I came across a bug.

When selecting "hide all" by "moode stations", it does what it shoukd do, save it, but, when doing it again it mentions "no action", whille this is not the saved state....

In addition, it looks like I use 5 stations in my playlist from the predefined moOde stations, as they don't show up anymore... So, now, I've to figure out which ones, and redefne them manually... Ok it works, but...

If you set the predefined stations to favourites they are excluded form the "hide all moOde" action.
----------------
Robert
@Tim Curtis if delete (by means of rm or an ssh browser) the radio stations I don't use in /var/lib/mpd/music/RADIO and I delete the artwork in /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos, does this cause any risk?
Do I've to delete the thumbs in /var/local/www/imagesw/radio-logos/thumbs as well?
The radio station feature consists of station.pls files, radio logos and thumbnails and the cfg_radio SQL table that ties everything together.

The default moOde stations should be left in place and not manually deleted because they can be part of in-place updates and restores. Just use the Radio manager feature to hide them if desired.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I'm still struggling... What I'm actually looking after is to get to a list of my radio presets and nothing else. This is basically the reason why I put them in a playlist.
In my list of 43 radio stations, 38 are custom defined and 5 are re-used from the default moOde list. Hiding the moOde list hides the 5 stations. So, that's not an option. As I understood, what I've to do is to copy/paste the 5 moOde URLs and re-create them as custom radio stations. That's strange...
Make your 48 stations favourites then hide the moOde stations. Job done.
----------------
Robert