Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Wifi level 1% - Quality 1%
(01-11-2021, 10:54 PM)efung Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 06:38 PM)manolomalele Wrote: New issue:
Fresh install  (same issue before that, it started yesterday) only with the onboard wifi.
Even if I select my wifi network and validate it, after the reboot it keep starting in AP mode.

I don't understand why.

I think it is because your RPi could not receive good quality WiFi signals or the password you entered was wrong.

Thank you for your reply but I don't think so for several reasons:
First of all I have a wifi repeater in the same room and when everything is ok the signal strenght is over 87% and then the password is surely correct...

I'm very confused.

@TheOldPresbyope, I posted my issue on the raspberry official forum but, after 4 days no answeres...
How do you know for certain it's not the WiFi repeater that causing the issue?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-13-2021, 12:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How do you know for certain it's not the WiFi repeater that causing the issue?

That is a good question.

I only have to understand how figure it out!
(01-13-2021, 08:59 AM)manolomalele Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 12:52 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How do you know for certain it's not the WiFi repeater that causing the issue?

That is a good question.

I only have to understand how figure it out!

Simplest way would be to move the pi closer to the main router and turn off the repeater, if you don't see the problem any more, then it is likely the repeater.
----------------
Robert

Sorry Tim, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the main router.

The wifi repeater is a recent addon (few days ago) just to check if the problem was the main wifi network.

With or without the repeater is the same. The wifi connection drops.
The integrated WiFi adapter in Pi-3 and 4 is proven to work for vast majority of users. I have no idea whats going on in your case.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-13-2021, 01:00 PM)manolomalele Wrote:

Sorry Tim, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about the main router.

The wifi repeater is a recent addon (few days ago) just to check if the problem was the main wifi network.

With or without the repeater is the same. The wifi connection drops.
You have not informed the type of material of the enclosure. Anyhow, for trouble shooting purpose, you can connect your RPi to the wired network. After you login, you can use ifconfig / iwconfig to get more information about the WLAN. Then, you should use moode/ or moode.local/ -> Configure -> network to reconfigure WLAN connection. Please make sure to use the SCAN button to find your SSID. I suggest not using the "show password" feature and just enter the password carefully. This is before I had bad experience before that the password was not saved properly.
After days of tryings I realized that the problem could be the vodafone modem.