Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

stream micro-interrumptions
Hi,
i'm using 7.0.1 with Qobuz, and BubbleDS app on Raspberry 4.
Im experiencing micro-interruptions during the streaming. Something like 1 second stop or buffering ko.
How can investigate this in order to fix.

At the moment i cannot understand in which layer is the issue (netowrk, or Moode or Qobuz). Someone could help me?
@officialsm

Can you play locally stored music tracks without this interruption? That would be a quick test of moOde and your downstream audio system.

Can you play Internet radio stations from the moOde library without this interruption? That would be a quick test of your network connectivity.

I have not experienced this kind of behavior. In terms of Qobuz and especially of its higher resolution/rates, you might try your favorite search engine. For example, the first hit I got was on this thread on the Naim Forum where other have posted about their Qobuz interruptions. This was only the first hit. I'm sure there are others.

Regards,
Kent
BubbleDS is a Linn DS and UPnP client, if it's proxying Qobuz streams to Moode's UPnP renderer it's likely BubbleDS is resampling the stream and the device you're running BubbleDS on may not be fast enought to do that if you're sticking to hi-res. What you running BubbleDS on?

If BubbleDS is able to limit the incoming Qobuz resolution try limiting it to 16/44 (CD quality), see if it changes things.
If not try the BubbleUPnP app instead which is more featureful, more popular and better maintained than BubbleDS.
(02-18-2021, 10:36 AM)vinnn Wrote: BubbleDS is a Linn DS and UPnP client, if it's proxying Qobuz streams to Moode's UPnP renderer it's likely BubbleDS is resampling the stream and the device you're running BubbleDS on may not be fast enought to do that if you're sticking to hi-res. What you running BubbleDS on?

If BubbleDS is able to limit the incoming Qobuz resolution try limiting it to 16/44 (CD quality), see if it changes things.
If not try the BubbleUPnP app instead which is more featureful, more popular and better maintained than BubbleDS.

Hi,
i'm running Moode on Raspberry 4.
BubbleUPnP is not working. Linn Kazoo is not working.
The only one working is BubbleDS.
Issue on this topic: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=3495
i have this error when i start BuubleUPNP:

Feb 18 16:33:13 Simoode-audio upmpdcli[1747]: :2Confusedrc/mpdcli.cxx:283::mpd_send_list_queue_meta(m_conn) failed: Connection closed by the server
I know you're running Moode on a Raspberry Pi what else would it be Smile
What device are you running BubbleDS on?
Did you try a lower Qobuz resolution?

For BubbleUPnP to work enable the UPnP Openhome option in Moode's UPnP options...

... this works for me, under Configure > Audio > UPnP/DLNA > UPnP Config > [Edit] button

In BubbleUPnP you configure your Qobuz account in Settings > Local and Cloud > Qobuz > Enable (tick the box) > Account (enter your account details).

To stream to Moode you pick the "Moode UPNP" renderer in the Now Playing screen, Select the Local and cloud library (in the library screen) > Qobuz, browse/play your Qobuz library in BubbleUPnP and it should go to mpd's UPnP renderer.

You can also choose Qobuz resolution in BubbleUPnP under Settings > Local and Cloud > Qobuz > Wifi/Eth audio quality
@officialsm

Are you talking about BubbleUPnP using what I called method 2 (credentials entered in the mobile app) or method 3 (credentials entered in the moOde UPnP renderer config)? Using it with method 2 should work fine, just as @vinnn described, and I've found this to be true with most any mobile app which allows it.

On the other hand, I've found that method 3 is problematic using moOde 7.0.1 and most mobile apps. I would recommend not trying but that's just me.

The upcoming moOde 7.1.0 includes a number of updated modules including upmpdcli, which provides the UPnP AV/Open Home services and which I've found to be rock steady by comparison to previous versions. Indeed, right now I'm listening to the UPnP Renderer on a moOde 7.0.1 player using BubbleUPnP as the control point and a testing version of moOde 7.1.0 as the media server with Qobuz credentials entered in the 7.1.0 config (method 3). The combination is proceeding through an interesting electronica playlist: Paolo Fresu just finished and R+R=NOW is now playing.

Regards,
Kent
(02-18-2021, 09:01 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @officialsm

Are you talking about BubbleUPnP using what I called method 2 (credentials entered in the mobile app) or method 3 (credentials entered in the moOde UPnP renderer config)? Using it with method 2 should work fine, just as @vinnn described, and I've found this to be true with most any mobile app which allows it.

On the other hand, I've found that method 3 is problematic using moOde 7.0.1 and most mobile apps. I would recommend not trying but that's just me.

The upcoming moOde 7.1.0 includes a number of updated modules including upmpdcli, which provides the UPnP AV/Open Home services and which I've found to be rock steady by comparison to previous versions. Indeed, right now I'm listening to the UPnP Renderer on a moOde 7.0.1 player using BubbleUPnP as the control point and a testing version of moOde 7.1.0 as the media server with Qobuz credentials entered in the 7.1.0 config (method 3). The combination is proceeding through an interesting electronica playlist: Paolo Fresu just finished and R+R=NOW is now playing.

Regards,
Kent

Thank you helping me and thnak to @vinnn now BubbleUPNP is working.
I'm using options #2.

Not clear to me how use and test #3.
Could you explain me how do that?

(I'm listening "musica da lettura" by Fresu. Wonderful playing)
Hi,
tried with usb-pen album in FLAC.
No micro-interrumptions but two times during listening the system goes muted. The playback still goes, i can see time and track that goes but there is NO SOUND. I totally muted. If i try to vhange fil, alvum or switch to radio listening it remains muted (muted but volume is high).
In syslog i have this errors:

Feb 22 11:41:25 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.083792] usb 1-1.4: cannot submit urb (err = -19)
Feb 22 11:41:25 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.083810] usb 1-1.4: USB disconnect, device number 4
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.396669] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.527383] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=22e8, idProduct=ca02, bcdDevice= 6.15
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.527392] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.527399] usb 1-1.4: Product: CA CXA81 2.0
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.527405] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: CA
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio kernel: [ 573.611274] usb 1-1.4: 1:3 : unsupported format bits 0x100000000
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: checking bus 1, device 5: "/sys/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.4"
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 5 was not an MTP device
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: checking bus 1, device 5: "/sys/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.4"
Feb 22 11:41:26 Simoode-audio mtp-probe: bus: 1, device: 5 was not an MTP device

How cai i fix it?
@officialsm

I just deleted my first reply. It was a "ready-fire-aim" post that missed the mark. Sorry.

Your system appears to be having USB communications issues.

First steps to troubleshoot:
  • ensure an adequate power supply, power cable, connector
  • disconnect all USB devices except the DAC (CXA 81 == a Cambridge Audio amp?)
  • try different USB cables and be sure to remove any extraneous inline gear such as hub or conditioner
  • (out of an overabundance of caution, try different USB ports on the RPi)
After rebooting there should be nothing in the syslog but lines like these (for my USB Khadas Tone Board)

Code:
Feb 22 08:08:04 moode kernel: [    1.993593] usb 1-1.4: new high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
Feb 22 08:08:04 moode kernel: [    2.134138] usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=3353, idProduct=a001, bcdDevice= 2.00
Feb 22 08:08:04 moode kernel: [    2.136147] usb 1-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=3, SerialNumber=0
Feb 22 08:08:04 moode kernel: [    2.138237] usb 1-1.4: Product: Tone1
Feb 22 08:08:04 moode kernel: [    2.139290] usb 1-1.4: Manufacturer: Khadas

That "unsupported format" line in your syslog is emitted by a low-level ALSA routine but I don't care to conjecture about it. Better to ask your DAC vendor.
The usb 1-1.5 messages in the syslog suggest a problem with your pen drive. Probably better just copying a track or two to your uSD card for test purposes.

Regards,
Kent

PS - don't forget the first rule of requesting support: give a complete accounting of the hardware setup including make/model of all items. Same goes for software.