Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 8.0.0 release
(02-07-2022, 01:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 12:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: True for sure but now that the horse has left the barn users will want the 64-bit OS. As far as priority goes we are still working on finishing the pkgbuild system and looking at the 5.15.y kernel. This kernel does have some audio related improvements :-)

Kind of an "these go to 64" moment, if you remember Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap).  Big Grin

Regards,
Kent

64 is 32 louder.
----------------
Robert
(02-07-2022, 02:25 PM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 01:17 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 12:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: True for sure but now that the horse has left the barn users will want the 64-bit OS. As far as priority goes we are still working on finishing the pkgbuild system and looking at the 5.15.y kernel. This kernel does have some audio related improvements :-)

Kind of an "these go to 64" moment, if you remember Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap).  Big Grin

Regards,
Kent

64 is 32 louder.

64 is 32 with joint and mobility issues.
----------
bob
Good day Tim,

will the version also run on a Raspberry PI 400?
I would like to buy one because there are delivery problems with the normal Raspberry.

Thanks
Carsten
It should but I don't have a 400 to test on so can't say for sure.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-10-2022, 01:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It should but I don't have a 400 to test on so can't say for sure.

Thanks Tim, maybe there is someone here who has a PI 400 and can answer the question.
clean installation?
(02-11-2022, 12:08 AM)Mr.R0b0t Wrote: clean installation?

Do you mean will v8 require an installation rather than an in-place upgrade?  If so, then yes I believe so, but the backup and restore function works to copy (most of) your settings over.
----------------
Robert

Yes, moOde 8.0.0 will be an image-only release due to new RaspiOS Bullseye but as @the_bertrum mentioned use the Backup/Restore option on System Config to transfer settings.

Here's a link to news on RaspiOS Bullseye. Scroll down to the "How do I get it" section for information on new vs upgrading.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspber...-bullseye/

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-11-2022, 02:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Yes, moOde 8.0.0 will be an image-only release due to new RaspiOS Bullseye but as @the_bertrum mentioned use the Backup/Restore option on System Config to transfer settings.

Here's a link to news on RaspiOS Bullseye. Scroll down to the "How do I get it" section for information on new vs upgrading.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspber...-bullseye/

-Tim

Thanks. It's not a problem for me. I will buy a new card and install a new system.

I am waiting for versions 8 ;-D
For us inveterate hackers, memory cards are like potato chips (crisps, if you like). We always have a handful on the desk. We tend to forget that this isn't true for many users.

Regards,
Kent