Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 8.1.0 release (Q2)
Hi.

Here's a few more screenies for the new Playlist view feature, more or less finished. This should be a big help for those that want to curate a nice collection of playlists :-)

Playlist view panel

Editing a playlist

Adding tio a playlist

Playlist Manager and Sort/Group

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I did give a test run and it is a big improvement over the existing playlist functionality!

Some feedback:
  • It would be nice to generate a default cover art image with example a grid (like 3x3) of the first different album arts? (like with the imagemagick cmd tool montage).
  • When adding album/tracks to a playlist and the playlist doesn't exists yet, it would be nice to create a new one (just the name) on the same spot as adding those. Currently you have to leave that location and switch to the playlist view create a playlist and go back again.
For sure, long overdue improvements to playlists :-)

Do we need to explicitly include ../playlist-covers in the backup process or is it automatically done by being under /var/local/www/imagesw/ ??

1. A default montage could be cool. I'll check out that utility.
2. Yes it would be easier to have a "create new playlist" option as part of adding items. I'll investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-25-2022, 11:01 AM)bitlab Wrote: I did give a test run and it is a big improvement over the existing playlist functionality!

I'm not a fan of playlists but that's just me. For those that are, the new feature will be a big improvement indeed.

Quote:Some feedback:
  • It would be nice to generate a default cover art image with example a grid (like 3x3) of the first different album arts? (like with the imagemagick cmd tool montage).
  • When adding album/tracks to a playlist and the playlist doesn't exists yet, it would be nice to create a new one (just the name) on the same spot as adding those. Currently you have to leave that location and switch to the playlist view create a playlist and go back again.

Seems to me the first item falls in the "nice to have" category and the second in the "have to have" category.  Smile  

Regards,
Kent
For the second look for a commit later today :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(04-20-2022, 07:33 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 10:55 PM)JoseMR Wrote: Thanks Tim and contributors for the wonderful moOde audio player development.

I would like to request the previous [Clear/Add] context menu option while in Album browsing, I've used to have that option in moOde 7.6.x.

The reason is that I use [Clear/Add] followed by [Add] while building the new playlist, and before tuning the audio system for later play.

This request was previously mentioned HERE

Regards

In the mean time, three dot menu on the playbar, clear queue, then add. A couple more clicks, but it has the same effect.

Indeed a good workaround for the issue, and I can live with few more clicks definitely. Big Grin
Hi,

Here are WIP release notes and one more screen shot for the new Playlist feature showing an input field for specifying a new playlist to which the item(s) will be added..

Couple other things:

1. We are bumping to the new 1.0 release of the fantastic CamillaDSP and CamillaGUI :-) and some of the nice Crossfeed configs published in our Forum will be added to the stock set of Camilla configs shipped with moOde.
2. We are beginning to refactor the codebase which will make it much easier to maintain gong forward and easier for interested developers to work on and improve. Note that this is a long term process.

Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2022-MM-DD TC moOde 8.1.0
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Support for multiple WiFi networks
- NEW: Library Playlist view with covers
- NEW: RaspiOS 64-bit moOde image

Updates

- UPD: Bump to CamillaDSP 1.0.0 + CamillaGUI 1.0
- UPD: Store WiFi and AP mode PSK's (passwords) in backup zip
- UPD: Replace auto-reboot in Restore by "reboot required" message
- UPD: Add option to include playlists in Backup/Restore
- UPD: Restore the Default Playlist if present in the backup
- UPD: Add Preferences option to play selected track plus following tracks
- UPD: Try to detect Samba protocol even when host appears to be offline
- UPD: Tracks added to the Queue are ordered same as in Tag view
- UPD: Purge extraneous session files during the maintenance task
- UPD: Ensure Hardware mixer state is 'on' during startup
- UPD: Mount NAS sources before starting renderers or UPnP/DLNA
- UPD: Add new Soma FM stations to Default Playlist (new image only)
- UPD: Use all Tiles on Menu, Configure modal
- UPD: Improve config back link function
- UPD: Improve help text in Save playlist modal
- UPD: Remove Radio manager Import/Export (replaced by Backup/Restore)
- UPD: Remove UPnP browser (djmount) which is unsupported on 64-bit RaspiOS

Radio stations

- UPD: KanalK
- UPD: DR P1 - P4, P6, P8
- DEL:

Bug fixes

- FIX: Play next an album when Queue empty
- FIX: Reconnect screen is displayed after Create Backup
- FIX: Backup/Restore back arrow not returning to System Config
- FIX: Self IP address not being filtered in Players and TRX Config
- FIX: Custom backup script not being restored
- FIX: Top margin for EDIT button on src-config

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
nice. can't wait to see it.
We just released librespot 0.4.0. For moOde, I would say the highlight of the release is an all-new dynamic volume limiter. It's taken from an article in AES Journal and works with a very wide dynamic range. (The previous one was, in hindsight, an amateur attempt which you may have heard clipping.)

Should I put in a PR or would you consider tackling this as you go? In this case it's just a version bump, I don't think the new command-line options are relevant for moOde.
I'll add to the TODO list for upcoming 8.1.0 release :-)
Enjoy the Music!