Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DMP-Z1
Any Moode solutions approach the promised Sony DMP-Z1 sound quality?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/dmp-z1
Based on the marketing hype this should be the greatest sounding audio device ever made, but you would think that for $8000 USD it would include more than just a 3" touch screen :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I'd want a few more gigabytes for the money tbh.
(09-19-2018, 09:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: ... for $8000 USD it would include more than just a 3" touch screen :-0

That is why I was opening up a discussion, thinking that people on this forum have better sound with bigger screens or valuable additional functionality. Thanks.
Ah, though I'm betting very few of us have "Gold-plated volume control "..... what sonic wonders we may be missing...

Fear not, I'm here to rectify that.... for a large fee I am prepared to use my considerable skills and knowledge as a working Artist-Goldsmith to gold-plate your current inferior anodised volume knob.... PM me for  a quote..  ROFL!

and...
Quote:" Premium, audio-grade lead-free solder containing gold.

The exceptional conductivity of gold ensures the absolute minimum signal loss possible, for full dynamic range delivery. ."

A complete and utter lack of knowledge about the physics of materials.... Gold is 'exceptionally' resistant to oxidisation and tarnish but is beaten out by copper and silver for conductivity.
----------
bob
moOde users would have to actually buy this $8000 headphone amp to be able to compare its SQ and features to their moOde / Raspberry Pi devices.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Finally, a Walkman I can respect.
I wonder, Kent, if it can be called a Walkman ?....
perhaps for such a price and exulted description it may be more apt as a .... Palanquin-man"
----------
bob
I can imagine that getting all scuffed up rattling around with the other stuff in my Barney Rustle Blanket . . .
Why not go for the great Astell?

[Image: obj_1_lg.png]
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>