Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't connect to RPI
(09-03-2022, 10:20 PM)steadman Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:56 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello Lenny,
In my opinion it is strange 172.24.1.1! Is it possibile to have a look of the results of the Address searcher?
I had a very good results with https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/. It is not necessary install it: you can run it as live program.
The problem should be limited to:
-The network (including: switch, router, cabling, DHCP, DNS, firewall(if any))
-The Rpi(ethernet port, the system itself, SD card)
-The Firmware (not correctly downloaded, non corretcly burned on SD)
Then we have to examine all the possibility to troubleshoot correctly.
So, if you wish, let us start from the network, trying with the IP Andress research and the ethernet cable.
Best regards and good luck,
Francesco
Hi Francesco,
Thanks for your help. Everything seems to work perfectly except that the RPI doesn't show up. I have tested the ethernet cable. I tried to send the file with the scanning results, but the site won't let me send it.  Any ideas?
Lanny

Hello Lenny,
As you reporter, the led's on the RPI ethernet port are blinking: that could meen that the level 1of the connection (phisical) is ok.
The level 2 also (ethernet link) seems ok. The level 3 (IP session) doesn't  seems ok (no IP Address).
Some questions:
1. Can you try a notebook connected to that cable?
2. Where is connected the other side of the cable?
3. What device has the DHCP ownership in your LAN (probably the router)?
4. Have you tryed to download again the moOde image and burn another SD?
Good luck and regards,
Francesco
(09-03-2022, 10:20 PM)steadman Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:56 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello Lenny,
In my opinion it is strange 172.24.1.1! Is it possibile to have a look of the results of the Address searcher?
I had a very good results with https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/. It is not necessary install it: you can run it as live program.
The problem should be limited to:
-The network (including: switch, router, cabling, DHCP, DNS, firewall(if any))
-The Rpi(ethernet port, the system itself, SD card)
-The Firmware (not correctly downloaded, non corretcly burned on SD)
Then we have to examine all the possibility to troubleshoot correctly.
So, if you wish, let us start from the network, trying with the IP Andress research and the ethernet cable.
Best regards and good luck,
Francesco
Hi Francesco,
Thanks for your help. Everything seems to work perfectly except that the RPI doesn't show up. I have tested the ethernet cable. I tried to send the file with the scanning results, but the site won't let me send it.  Any ideas?
Lanny
Hello All,
I felt sure there was nothing wrong with the system, so I went out and bought a new Micro SD card and it turned the trick. Please know that I had already bought a new one previously, but it was defective and apparently RPI Imager did not pick that up when I made an image. I am not sure what went on, but now I have a working image on my PC, although my Android phone has not been able to  connect yet. Thank you all for the willingness to help. I am so happy to have Moode back up and running- the quality of sound brings tears to my eyes.
Lanny
Glad you got it sorted.

In future you might try using Balena Etcher instead of RPI Imager to flash your uSD card or USB thumb drive. It validates the image after flashing it.

Works on Windows, MacOS, and Linux hosts. I use it all the time.

Regards,
Kent
Note that the official Pi imager does a verification pass after writing the image :-)

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks for pointing that out. I've never used it cuz Etcher was already working for me.