Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

image size too large for 10.2 " screen
Here's the command used by moode to get the screen size for local display

Code:
fbset -s | awk '$1 == "geometry" { print $2","$3 }'
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you Tim

The result is: (RpiOs 64b Lite - no desktop)
pi@Debian:~ $ fbset -s | awk '$1 == "geometry" { print $2","$3 }'
@Facel 

Quoting from Winnie the Pooh

Quote:“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”

That's how I feel at the moment. I had some ideas but the information we get back from you keeps conflicting with them.

The screen capture provided back in post #3 suggested to me that perhaps moOde/X11/RaspiOS was outputting 1920x1080 through HDMI but your device was displaying it in 1280x800 mode. 

Unfortunately, that hypothesis fell apart when I tried to repro your screen capture using tools like GIMP and imagemagick to crop a 1920x1080 moOde image to 1280x800. Nope. To repro your screen capture I have to crop to something like 1690 horizontally, which doesn't make any sense, plus it's cropped off-center.

I can't get any further without an identically behaving display on my desk.

As @Nutul noted earlier on, your display exhibits some curious behaviors. They make dealing with the problem something akin to nailing jelly to a tree. It could even be that my hypothesis was along the right track but the display device is actively trying to correct for the oversize image.

Sorry, but I'm out. Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope     "E pur si moove " said Gallilée to people looking at something that seemed to be a thing in itself

I can only assume that something happens during boot-up to mislead the screen  ...

When I boot moode with the screen unplugged, wait a few seconds, and then plug the screen, then the display is perfect (no deformation at all) with a 1024 x 768 resolution
(01-21-2024, 07:00 AM)Facel Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope     "E pur si moove " said Gallilée to people looking at something that seemed to be a thing in itself

I can only assume that something happens during boot-up to mislead the screen  ...

When I boot moode with the screen unplugged, wait a few seconds, and then plug the screen, then the display is perfect (no deformation at all) with a 1024 x 768 resolution

No idea where that resolution came from but it’s something to work with. I’m away from home and won’t have time until later today to revisit this but the goal is to override the EDID moOdeOS gets back from the monitor during boot.

And nice quote!

Regards,
Kent