Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

DLNA to moode
(01-26-2024, 08:39 PM)pepus Wrote:
(01-24-2024, 11:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, Configure, Renderers
Turn on "UPnP Client for MPD"

… and open settings and set Service type to OpenHome....
I tried all day and already thought you were kidding me.   Tongue

For newbies you have to write such things... 

And - DLNA via kazoo works good Smile

Trouble is, some Control Points speak OpenHome only, some UPnP/AV only, and some both. Hard to know in advance which is which.

Since I don't run UPnP gear in my home I only keep Control Points on tap to test each moOde release. I found Linn CPs frustrating because they are so focused on the Linn ecosystem and I eventually deleted them from my phone and tablet.

Regards,
Kent
(01-17-2024, 07:42 PM)pepus Wrote: Kent, I know what dlna is and how it works.

You will admit now that perhaps there was a little more to learn?
----------------
Robert
(01-17-2024, 01:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I believe Volumio includes some kind of DLNA indexing service, so it has some of the functionality of a DLNA "control point".

There's no comparable capability in moOde, which is strictly a DLNA "renderer".

Are there any plans to implement a UPnP control point functionality directly in Moode (just for local control; not for other UPnP renderers)?

I would really appreciate such a feature.
(02-02-2024, 03:44 PM)psychofaktory Wrote:
(01-17-2024, 01:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I believe Volumio includes some kind of DLNA indexing service, so it has some of the functionality of a DLNA "control point".

There's no comparable capability in moOde, which is strictly a DLNA "renderer".

Are there any plans to implement a UPnP control point functionality directly in Moode (just for local control; not for other UPnP renderers)?

I would really appreciate such a feature.

You'll have to ask @Tim Curtis. I'd guess his reply would be something along the lines of "no, but if some really determined developer wanted to tackle it then we'd look at the result." I'm not that developer Smile 

Regards,
Kent
I don't think anyone in their right mind would willingly develop a UPnP control point ;-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Which leaves open the question of how many developers are in their right mind. Rolleyes

Regards,
Kent
(02-02-2024, 06:02 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Which leaves open the question of how many developers are in their right mind. Rolleyes

Regards,
Kent

Woops, you just helped me know... I was on the verge of not being in my right mind, though...
There was a feature to connect to UPnP libraries from the moOde interface several versions ago, but it got dropped because it was really unstable. Pretty sure I'm remembering that right.

It still seems to me that the easiest thing to do here if you have a library elsewhere shared over UPnP to other renderers and control points, is to attach that library to moOde instead of where it is attached now, then share the library over UPnP from moOde (which functionality does exist). After all, in UPnP the physical location of the library is irrelevant.
----------------
Robert
In my application scenario, I have a Mimimserver on the network that makes the entire music library available on the network via UPnP.
The Minimserver instance is perfectly customized according to individual needs and preferences.
Unfortunately, this is not possible in this form either via the Moode media library or via the UPnP server integrated in Moode.

The only way so far to play music from the sorted Mimimserver UPnP library on Moode is to activate the UPnP renderer in Moode and control it via an external UPnP control point.

Now, in many situations it would be desirable if a user could control the music playback without the need for an external control point (which would then also have to be in the same network as Moode and the music collection). And without losing the structure of the library prepared by Mimimserver.

If the local UPnP control point function were available in Moode, control could then be carried out conveniently via a touch display connected directly to the Raspberry, for example, or via dedicated buttons. Without the need to give the user an additional device or to let them into the network.

I imagine this would also be very practical for children to use.
In theory you are right.
In practice... as has been said: you don't write a UpNP controller every day...
If you need it only to be able to play in moOde without using a phone/tablet as a controller, couldn't you just add the music library through shared SMB folder in moOde?