Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
(07-26-2020, 12:23 PM)moodenigo Wrote: 16,366 albumsmoodenigoFor some reason the Tag view now shows only what is in the SD card. However, the folder view shows everything.
So you can see something playing (at the bottom) that of course is not in the library view :-(
Also the Album view shows only these two albums (one is some noise, the other one is the usual Stereo Test), and updating, rebuilding the librar, clearing the tag cache all do nothing to solve the issue

snip snip snip snip

Another update ATTTN @Tim Curtis

I get those errors just before the browser displays only the Stereo Test

Jul 26 13:59 : exception: error on client 221: Output buffer is full
Jul 26 14:14 : exception: error on client 233: Output buffer is full
Jul 26 14:18 : exception: error on client 239: Output buffer is full
Jul 26 14:21 : exception: error on client 261: Output buffer is full

Roberto

I increased

max_output_buffer_size "524288"

Probably overdone but it works now. But it is VERY sluggish. I wonder what that is. how can I troubleshoot it further? The browser also sometimes reloads the page because of a "problem". May it be some oversized artwork? No idea.

Also I have a huge library:

max_output_buffer_size "524288"

16,366 albums
233,591 tracks
19,018 hours 3 mins

But until yesterday everything worked fine

Roberto
(07-26-2020, 12:19 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 10:52 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @andib
@Tim Curtis

I think the presence of the RPi 7in display may be disabling the HDMI port. There are config.txt options which will cause the LCD display to be ignored but I don't know how to configure a system which allows both.

Regards,
Kent

Did OP mention originally there was a Pi Touch attached?

AFAIK it's not possible to have both HDMI and Pi-Touch active at same time.

Yes, Pi-Touch was always attached to all the above messages (logs, system information etc.) from me, both (Raspberry pi touch monitor and hdmi out to denon). 

With kernel 4.19 (up to moode 6.5.2) it ran so stable for "years". Only with moode 6.6 (new kernel) it didn't run anymore ....
@andib

We're not the gate-keepers for the kernel developments. At this point you would be well served to post to the official Raspberry Pi Forum. Spell out your case that with the 4.19 kernel this dual use of the HDMI audio port and the LCD display worked for you but with the 5.4-series it doesn't. See what the RPi gurus have to say. 

Be specific about your hardware. Certainly you can mention you're using moOde but if you lead with that card someone likely will dismiss your query with a flip "it's your app" response.

Regards,
Kent
(07-26-2020, 12:06 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 11:22 AM)jonners Wrote: I have a similar issue to @moodenigo . Status in Music Database shows 2617 albums processed, but Music Collection in Tag view shows only 20 albums (the first 20 in my collection)  Hence the 'Random Album' function selects from these 20 only.
All albums are present in Folder view, and will play when selected from there.
USBridge Sig/Katana, albums stored over NAS.

Very odd. Where are you seeing the "2617 albums" figure?

Tag and Album views are based on the Library tag cache. Try clearing it on Library Config. It will be regenerated when you return to Playback or Library views.

'Done: 2617 albums processed' appeared in Music Database/View Status.
I cleared the Tag cache and Music Collection now shows 1480 albums.
Thanks.
(07-26-2020, 05:47 PM)jonners Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 11:22 AM)jonners Wrote: I have a similar issue to @moodenigo . Status in Music Database shows 2617 albums processed, but Music Collection in Tag view shows only 20 albums (the first 20 in my collection)  Hence the 'Random Album' function selects from these 20 only.

Tag and Album views are based on the Library tag cache. Try clearing it on Library Config. It will be regenerated when you return to Playback or Library views.

Thanks.

The main problem I have is that by increasing max_output_buffer_size to "262144" in /etc/mpd.conf everything works (which is odd, but, well). However the file is generated automatically by the MPD configuration page, and if I change anything in the MPD configuration page the value reverts to 131072. How can I ensure it stays at the new value?

Roberto
(07-26-2020, 05:47 PM)jonners Wrote:

Thanks.

The 2617 figure represents the number of directories scanned by the Thumbnail generator. The 1480 figure listed in Tag view represents the number of albums that MPD was able to index. 

These numbers should match. It might be worth poking around a bot to see if there is anything obvious.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-26-2020, 11:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 2617 figure represents the number of directories scanned by the Thumbnail generator. The 1480 figure listed in Tag view represents the number of albums that MPD was able to index. 

These numbers should match. It might be worth poking around a bot to see if there is anything obvious.

Some of my album folders are nested inside other folders. Would this affect the count? For Example the 'Baroque' folder contains sub-folders entitled 'Handel', 'Couperin' etc.
I always select music from the Folder view rather than from Album or Tag view.
(07-27-2020, 08:14 AM)jonners Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 11:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 2617 figure represents the number of directories scanned by the Thumbnail generator. The 1480 figure listed in Tag view represents the number of albums that MPD was able to index. 

Some of my album folders are nested inside other folders. Would this affect the count? For Example the 'Baroque' folder contains sub-folders entitled 'Handel', 'Couperin' etc.
Couperin.... Smile  track 17 here...
https://www.discogs.com/Gilles-Apap-No-P...se/4967353
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/42rlbo...d=82335192

bob
----------
bob
(07-27-2020, 08:22 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: https://www.discogs.com/Gilles-Apap-No-P...se/4967353
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/42rlbo...d=82335192

bob

The Wikipedia page on that piece is a good read: "......a sonic trompe l'oeil that seems to have presaged images of fractal mathematics..."
And what were the 'mysterious barricades'? Women's underwear or eyelashes are among the many ideas suggested.
End of musical interlude, back to 6.7.1 Smile
(07-27-2020, 08:14 AM)jonners Wrote:

I don't think that would affect the count.

I would Regenerate the music library, then examine the MPD log to see which albums are missing then investigate their directories or songs to see if there is anything obvious (permissions, missing tags, etc) that would cause them to be missed by MPD database scan. If all the albums show up in the scan but many are missing from Tag/Album view then it would suggest some sort of tagging or other odd issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub