Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread
I found a few things with maybe explain the problem I have facing. Sorry for not be so precise, my knowledge is limited....

1) fresh install, boot and go to network to setup wifi. reboot (no problem at all)
2) after reboot, go to system and change a few things (hdmi off, mouse off, browser title and hostname) and than i notice a very quick message after one of these SET presses... WORKER BUSY (and the system became so slow...). And after hostname change, the message RESTART REQUIRE make the system irresponsible, so I imagine the system is in fact rebooting, the message is not a warning to reboot later, but something like as I'M REBOOTING NOW....
3) after the system came back (very slowly) the last thing I do in system is expand filesystem, and after press the EXPAND and confirm, the system stop again (it is rebooting without warning? I dont know)
4) at some point, the system become responsible again, and I reboot it because the message RESTART REQUIRED after expand still on screen.

5) at this point, the system seems ok and all the settings are applied (i checked).

all this steps on 6.7.1 was very qickly and responsible, on 7.0.1 is slow, like something is working in background or system maybe restarting itself without warning.

after that, I can continue to config (driver, audio, library, etc) without issue. The problem is the system config after a fresh install...
it happening with zerow, rpi3b and rpi4b, i use the same procedure in all these devices with always the same behavior

I hope it helps to find the problem (if is a problem, maybe it was design to do that....)

thanks....
also, i got this: AUDIO INFO
AUDIO DEVICE
DeviceHiFiBerry Digi+ Pro
Mixer namenone
ChipCirrus Logic WM8804
InterfaceI2S
FormatsS16_LE, S24_LE
PlatformUnknown Pi-model <---------

BUT:
cat /proc/device-tree/model

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Hardware : BCM2711
Revision : b03114
Serial : 1000000012d1d66d
Model : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

I believe it is a new revision of RPI4
@oculto

I believe that you may find an answer here: http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...3#pid29033
What Pi model and are you using the integrated WiFi adapter?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@TheOldPresbyope identified a potential problem possibly in the version of chromium-browser that came with RaspiOS 10.6 that apparently causes it to eat memory after many hours idle. I wasn't able to repro the issue on my end but that does not necessarily rule anything out in this case.

Anyway if it is some sort of issue with chromium-browser there aren't many options going forward other than to wait for a new version that may or may not contain a fix or try testing with the particular version that was used in 671 to see if the problem goes away. I don't have the bandwidth ATM to do this testing but maybe someone will volunteer to give it a try.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
You mean its a downstream volume control thats not connected directly to the Pi?
Enjoy the Music!
(01-10-2021, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope identified a potential problem possibly in the version of chromium-browser that came with RaspiOS 10.6 that apparently causes it to eat memory after many hours idle. I wasn't able to repro the issue on my end but that does not necessarily rule anything out in this case.

Anyway if it is some sort of issue with chromium-browser there aren't many options going forward other than to wait for a new version that may or may not contain a fix or try testing with the particular version that was used in 671 to see if the problem goes away. I don't have the bandwidth ATM to do this testing but maybe someone will volunteer to give it a try.

-Tim

Late breaking news-

A preliminary experiment suggests substituting the current Vivaldi browser (d/l directly from its devs) for Chromium as the local client may keep the system alive. I'm composing a guide for those hard souls who want to follow in my footsteps. More testers make it more likely any flaws in my approach will be uncovered.

It's not a desirable approach because Vivaldi-ARM isn't considered stable yet so isn't in the Raspberry Pi OS repo.
ETA ... but it may help the few affected users and it also may help illuminate the problem.

Regards,
Kent
(01-10-2021, 02:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Late breaking news-

A preliminary experiment suggests substituting the current Vivaldi browser (d/l directly from its devs) for Chromium as the local client may keep the system alive.

Good news, thanks Kent
(01-10-2021, 02:36 PM)maartin Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You mean its a downstream volume control thats not connected directly to the Pi?

The DAC has a Knob for Volume Control, and a small Display (0-100). The UI Volume Control changes the Hardware Control Display Numbers but not in synced with UI Volume Control Numbers. (And the other way round).
I do not know the meaning "downstream volume control"

AtB
maartin

Downstream means it's not connected directly to the Pi which is the case for your DAC's built-in volume control.

A physical volume control has to be connected directly to the Pi via USB or GPIO pins in order for moOde to be able to read the device and update the UI knob.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-10-2021, 02:40 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 01:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope identified a potential problem possibly in the version of chromium-browser that came with RaspiOS 10.6 that apparently causes it to eat memory after many hours idle. I wasn't able to repro the issue on my end but that does not necessarily rule anything out in this case.

-Tim

Late breaking news-

A preliminary experiment suggests substituting the current Vivaldi browser (d/l directly from its devs) for Chromium as the local client may keep the system alive. I'm composing a guide for those hard souls who want to follow in my footsteps. More testers make it more likely any flaws in my approach will be uncovered.

It's not a desirable approach because Vivaldi-ARM isn't considered stable yet so isn't in the Raspberry Pi OS repo.
ETA ... but it may help the few affected users and it also may help illuminate the problem.

Regards,
Kent

Maybe more evidence it's a memory leak in chromium-browser
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1751137
Enjoy the Music!