Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.1.0 support thread
(03-19-2021, 11:31 AM)officialsm Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:27 AM)officialsm Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:12 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 10:17 AM)officialsm Wrote: Hi @Tim Curtis
upgrade works fine. I have a oled i2c display, during reinstallation i made a mistake and i deleted alsa.conf file.
Now i have MPD error.
Could you say me how i have to write to restore it?

I have usb dac:

pi@Simoode-audio:~ $ cat /proc/asound/modules
0 snd_bcm2835
1 snd_bcm2835
2 snd_usb_audio

i created a new alsa.conf but in moodeutl -l i have this error:

20210319 120532 worker: ALSA Invalid card number. volume (Invalid card number.)

There is no file named alsa.conf in moOde.

Thank you.
How can i fix this issue?

20210319 122517 worker: ALSA Invalid card number. volume (Invalid card number.)

Ok in MPD menù i have had 2 entries with same name for my usb dac. One of this was offline. Changing selection now is working.
How can avoid to have 2 entries for same one usb dac?

Use a fresh install of stock moOde 7.1.0 from moodeaudio.org.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-19-2021, 11:22 AM)GStevens Wrote: Updated in place all OK - just over 10 min on Pi 4B with 8G.

I've updated my preferences to Artist+, but I do not see Composer anywhere in the UI - am I missing something?

Thanks,
Geoff

The Artis + option adds Composers to Tag view artists list. 

Are you not seeing any Composers in the list?
Enjoy the Music!
(03-19-2021, 11:39 AM)popej Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:06 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if compiling something like upmpdcli on a single core Pi takes like 2 or 3 hours or maybe even longer :-0

I gave up after 80 minutes Smile

The problem is that update forces 4 tasks for compilation with "make -j4". RPi Zero shows like load average above 10, full memory in use and kswapd0 as a top CPU consumer. Would be nice to configure update script for low memory or single CPU.

It would prolly be same on a single core w/o -J4. I remember when we had to compile librespot on an ARM6 and it took like 4 or 5 hours.

The -j4 option cuts compile time roughly in half on multi-core ARM's and so the decision to use it in the in-place update for the complex upmpdcli and libupnpp-bindings was made to benefit the ARM7 population which I'm guessing is the platform the majority of moOde users are running.

I suppose for single-core Pi's the recommendation would be to use the image instead of the in-place update. I'll update the instructions.
Enjoy the Music!
Do you use or want to use the /boot/moodecfg.ini technique to preload moOde settings?

Then you should know there is a minor bug in the provided /boot/moodecfg.ini.default file which affects setting moOde as a WiFi client. The wlan0 stanza is missing the parameter/value pair

Code:
wlancountry=""

Here is how the wlan0 stanza should read

Code:
[Network (wlan0)]
wlanmethod = "dhcp"
wlanipaddr = ""
wlannetmask = ""
wlangateway = ""
wlanpridns = ""
wlansecdns = ""
wlanssid = "None (activates AP mode)"
wlanpwd = ""
wlansec = "wpa"
wlancountry = ""

A valid 2-digit wlancountry entry is mandatory. Otherwise, the stanza will be ignored with an error message saved to /home/pi/autocfg.log when booting for the first time or from executing the command 'moodeutl -i' later and a WiFi-equipped moOde player will come up in AP mode instead of WiFi client mode.

The bug also exists in the command 'moodeutl -e' so you'll have to hand-edit the exported moodecfg.ini file.

This bug was reported to the test team yesterday, a fix has been proposed, and I'm sure the first patch to moOde 7.1.0 will take care of business.

Regards,
Kent
Correct. Already fixed by @bitlab and merged into the dev branch for next update :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(03-19-2021, 11:09 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Reboot and then post the Moode startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Thanks Tim, will remember to do that next time.
For now, issue is solved, verified by restarting two more times.
I guess there is no need for the startup log now (but if you want it, let me know)
(03-19-2021, 11:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:22 AM)GStevens Wrote: Updated in place all OK - just over 10 min on Pi 4B with 8G.

I've updated my preferences to Artist+, but I do not see Composer anywhere in the UI - am I missing something?

Thanks,
Geoff

Hi Tim,

No, Composers are not showing at all.  Artist+ and Album Artist+ both seem to display the Album Artist, but neither shows the Composer.  Also witn Artist+ the column heading is shown as Artist+S.

Thanks,
Geoff
(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)GStevens Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Thanks,
Geoff

Hi Tim,

No, Composers are not showing at all.  Artist+ and Album Artist+ both seem to display the Album Artist, but neither shows the Composer.  Also witn Artist+ the column heading is shown as Artist+S.

Thanks,
Geoff

Very odd. I'm not seeing this on my end.

Enjoy the Music!
Performed a fresh install and everything is working properly.
This new version has a lot of new functions to explore later.
The sound is amazing.
Congrats by the excellent job.
Donation perfomed.

QJA

Marcos
(03-19-2021, 12:22 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: A valid 2-digit wlancountry entry is mandatory. Otherwise, the stanza will be ignored with an error message saved to /home/pi/autocfg.log when booting for the first time or from executing the command 'moodeutl -i' later and a WiFi-equipped moOde player will come up in AP mode instead of WiFi client mode.

I got this problem at first try. I didn't detect AP and have to flash SD again, this time without moodecfg.ini.

Activity LED on RPi Zero works correctly.

I have looked at watchdog.sh and I think it can get some cleaning. No problems, but some unnecessary tasks. Like preparing timestamp twice for a message that is not written into log or unused variable HW_PARAMS_LAST.

Question: does HDMI goes blank, when local display UI is off? I think this doesn't work for me, but I haven't tested much.