Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.2.0 support thread
(05-04-2021, 10:56 AM)redzpl Wrote: hello,

I've updated player using web gui and it went fine. Later I've checked situation with system packeges using console apt-get dist-upgrade and found there's plenty of outdated packages. Should I update them together with moode components?

No, you shouldn't do that.  moOde is not software that runs on top of RaspiOS, rather a distribution of its own based on RaspiOS.  Each release is tested with a specific set of packages, and upgrading any of them can lead to things working in unexpected ways.
----------------
Robert
(05-04-2021, 10:56 AM)redzpl Wrote: hello,

I've updated player using web gui and it went fine. Later I've checked situation with system packeges using console apt-get dist-upgrade and found there's plenty of outdated packages. Should I update them together with moode components?

The correct answer isn't one which will satisfy everyone.

If

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade

breaks things then perhaps the devs should selectively use "apt mark" to protect key components.

But they don't.

So it's possible that updating everything will break things, especially kernel & kernel modules for specific DACs, nginx config, etc.  Keep existing config if you're prompted during an update.

I don't use anything special, just internet radio streaming and playing stuff from my NAS, to a USB DAC.

For me, updating everything doesn't break any of the functionality that I use.  Others report differently.

Try it if you want, but be prepared to re-image if it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Phil

Dist-upgrade , apt-mark, etc are simply not needed in our project. We build our OS around a specific release of RaspiOS and Linux kernel then we add specific versions of components, configs, custom compiles, out-of-tree drivers etc to make the final release image. Thats what we test and support.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-04-2021, 08:46 AM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 11:10 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 11:44 AM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: Hi

Hope you are all fine and healthy

I am on moOde 7.1.0 2021-03-15 which was freshly installed when it came out.

Now If I go an check the. 7.2.0 update from System Config. It still brings me Package date: 2021-03-15

What might be the issue ?

Thanks

Try to clean the browser cache.
Regards,
Francesco

This did the trick. Thank you @fdalexa

Hi cereyanlimusiki, 
I am very happy that you have solved the problem.
Regards,
Francesco
Hi everyone,

My 4B Pi stopped responding at all yesterday.
It worked fine the day before(except for its painfully slow speed).
I tried to reboot it, but then I could not even find its IP on my router's control page.

Not knowing what to do, I reinstalled its SD card with the same Moode iso I used before.

But still nothing. Front red light on, green light blinking and yellow light on beneath the ethernet adapter, but nothing.
I can't get its IP address, AP mode does not work...

What should I do?

And FYI, I am a total noob and knows nothing about coding.
Hence no log is attached...

If my Pi worked normally, I was about to try study SSH-ing(?) into it to enable Tidal connect.

Also, when it worked fine the day before, UPNP play(via mconnect) was OK but the UI response(either web UI or mconnect app) was terribly slow.
Was it because of any faulty issues/settings or its natural limitation on Pi hardwares?
Are you using an adequate power supply that can give 3A at 5V?
(05-05-2021, 07:43 AM)jonners Wrote: Are you using an adequate power supply that can give 3A at 5V?

Yes, I'm using a 5V 15W linear power supply.
Hi All,

Been a while since I've been here. Just updated to 7.2 from 6.2 and I have some queries that I'm sure 6.2 was different.

1) Local UI screen display. I have my own unit I built with a Raspberry 7" screen. This is working fine, but, I'm sure in previous versions, I did not have the controls bar on the bottom of the screen. Is there anyway this can be disabled for the Local UI (even if I need to edit some code) or request a feature in the next version to have the option to turn it on/off? In my situation, I just use the screen for the cover display and don't use it to move through songs, etc and if streaming Radio, it looks out of place.

2) In the settings for the Cover to be displayed full screen, I'm sure in earlier versions, there were options to select less than 1 minute. I also am sure that when I started to play a song, the local UI would instantly go to full screen.

Have I missed a setting or did something get changed.

Thanks all.
Rob
Pi 4B 2GB, HiFi Berry Digi+, Original 7" Raspberry Pi Screen, Ethernet Connected, Sandisk Ultra10 SD card, 5amp power supply (Drives the PI and Screen separately) streaming audio via NFS shares from QNAP NAS.
(05-05-2021, 07:28 AM)nonolet Wrote: Hi everyone,

My 4B Pi stopped responding at all yesterday.
It worked fine the day before(except for its painfully slow speed).
I tried to reboot it, but then I could not even find its IP on my router's control page.

Not knowing what to do, I reinstalled its SD card with the same Moode iso I used before.

But still nothing. Front red light on, green light blinking and yellow light on beneath the ethernet adapter, but nothing.
I can't get its IP address, AP mode does not work...
................................................... snip ..................................................

I've read your reply to @jonners question i.e. you got a 15W LPS. Hopefully is a tested LPS as the specification is right at the edge of the RPi 4B requirement...

May I suggest:
- remove any connected devices leaving JUST the RPi, the LPS and the LAN cable (presuming that the LAN cable would provide network connectivity to any other device if tested)
- install a freshly downloaded MoOde iso on a different uSD card  (in order to rule out a defect with the initial uSD card)
- configure MoOde for use with the RPi only
- run the built-in AUDIO test via the RPi headphne OUT port and afterwards the odd RADIO station from the list
- if the sound test is positive introduce hardware addons and/or specific software configuration gradually with sound testing on every step
- if the sound test is negative I'd suspect the RPi and/or the LPS
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:I've read your reply to @jonners question i.e. you got a 15W LPS. Hopefully is a tested LPS as the specification is right at the edge of the RPi 4B requirement...

Another quick test for the adequacy of the LPS is to attach a monitor to the Pi and watch as it boots...If you get the red 'Lightning Bolt' in the top right corner then you have an under-powered problem.
----------
bob